|Civic body||Paravur Municipality|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Nearest city||Kollam - 14 km|
|Nearest town||Paravur - 4 km|
Thekkumbhagam or Thekkumbhagom is the southern border town of Paravur municipality in the Kollam district of Kerala, India. It is located at the Southern tip of Kollam's coastal area. It is in the Arabian Sea coast. Thekkumbhagam-Kappil estuary point in the Kollam-Thiruvananthapuram coastal border is one of the emerging tourism spots in the state. On 1936, during formation, Thekkumbhagam was one of the 9 territories of Paravur Panchayath. Thekkumbhagam estuary is one among the twin estuary points in Paravur. The other one is Pozhikara estuary.
Estuary in Paravur Thekkumbhagam
Paravur landmass' 3 sides are surrounded by water bodies - Paravur Lake, Nadayara Lake and Arabian Sea. Both north and south tips of Paravur town is having peninsula and estuary. Thekkumbhagam is at south of Paravur. Thekkumbhagam estuary is the most crowd-pulling estuary in the state. It is located at the borders of Kollam-Thiruvananthapuram districts. A beach in this location attracts crowds every day. The estuary can be accessed by travelling through Paravur-Kappil-Varkala road.
Places of interest near Thekkumbhagam
- Paravur - The temple town of Kollam
- Puthenpalli jumua masjid- one of the oldest masjids in south Kerala( 750 years old masjid)
(Chief imam: Al_Usthad Mahmood Faizy)
- Valiya palli jumua Masjid
( chief imam: Al_usthad Ahammad Kabeer Mannani )
- Muhiyiddeen masjid
- Pudiyidam Mahadeva Temple.
- Thekkumbhagam-Kappil beach and estuary
- Priyadarshini Boat Club
- Paravur Lake
- Pozhikara estuary
- Polachira wetlands
- Puthenkulam Elephant Village
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thekkumbhagam.|
- Paravur Thekkumbhagam
- Beach and backwaters beckon discerning tourists at Kappil
- History of Paravur
- "Estuaries Of India". Archived from the original on 3 April 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Impact of Sea-Sand Filling in the Paravur-Kappil Backwaters, Southern Kerala with Special Reference to Phytoplankton Productivity" (PDF). Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Coastal Zone Management: By Ramakrishnan Korakandy. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Paravur-Pozhikkara-Thanni Road". Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- Temples in Kollam district
- Elephant News