Them (TV pilot)
This article needs to be updated.(November 2010)
|Created by||John McNamara|
|Developed by||Circle of Confusion/McNamara Paper Products|
Callard Harris |
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1|
David Alpert |
|Running time||60 minutes|
Them is a television special about a sleeper cell of aliens living within the city of Los Angeles. It is produced by CBS Paramount television. Originally, the show was ordered to pilot for the 2006 to 2007 season for the Fox network as a original drama. The series was not picked up but the pilot aired in 2007 as a special. It is based on Michael Avon Oeming and Daniel Berman's graphic novel SIX.
There exists a sleeper cell operating in modern-day Los Angeles; this sleeper cell happens to be from an alien world. The members of the sleeper cell are nothing like average human beings, although they appear indistinguishable to us. They are emotionless and follow orders without question. They are unaware of their true mission on Earth.
Human emotions affect the aliens like a virus. The cell has an Enforcer (Cain), in charge of investigating agents who are contaminated by emotion. The enforcer is a recent arrival to the planet, and he struggles to understand human ways. When cell agent Adam Bridges betrays his own kind because of his love for a human woman, Cain must hunt him down. In the process, Cain begins to wonder about the purpose of his cell's mission on Earth.
Ezekial Smits is the cell's Assimilator, a kind of bureaucratic shrink who orients new arrivals to Earth, and monitors their progress. He also reports anyone that he decides to be "unstable." He himself has a secret addiction.
- Callard Harris as Adam Bridges
- Ben Feldman as Floyd Grunwald
- Freya Stafford as Tara Spader
- James D'Arcy as Cain Johnson
- Rachel Nichols as Donna Shaw
- Reg Rogers as Ezekial Smits
- Steve Toussaint as Uriah Selleck
- Tricia Helfer as Naomi Tyler Moore
- David Alpert as co-executive producer
- David Eick as creator/executive producer
- David Engel as co-executive producer
- John McNamara as creator/executive Producer
- Jonathan Mostow as executive producer/director (pilot)
- Lawrence Mattis as co-executive producer
- CBS aliens land at Fox - Entertainment News, TV News, Media, Variety.com; accessed January 22, 2018.
- Shows A-Z - them on fox, TheFutonCritic.com; accessed January 22, 2018.