|Single by Clay Walker|
|from the album Rumor Has It|
|B-side||"Country Boy and City Girl"|
|Released||January 13, 1998|
|Songwriter(s)||Jon Vezner, Randy Sharp|
|Producer(s)||James Stroud, Clay Walker|
|Clay Walker singles chronology|
Dance Mix cover
"Then What?" is a song written by Jon Vezner and Randy Sharp, and recorded by American country music artist Clay Walker that reached the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart. It was released in January 1998 as the fourth and final single from his album Rumor Has It.
In an interview with Billboard Walker stated, "Music should provoke some type of emotion in people, whether it be sad, romantic, or happy, and 'Then What?' is definitely a pick-me-upper." He also stated, "As an entertainer, being on the road so much, I hope to have a song that will go over good live. And this is probably the best song live that we've had since my first single."
Larry Flick of Billboard wrote "The island feel of this track's production gives Walker's new single a fresh, bouncy, and totally appealing sound. Walker's vocal is teeming with personality, and this little number should find instant favor among programmers looking for a sunny winter offering." The Dallas Morning News wrote, "A quasi-calypso ditty - you can't get more innocuous than this - the song's accompanying video comes complete with Gilligan's Island motif and the usually stiff Mr. Walker donning sandals and singing with his denim shirt wide open.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe listed "Then What?" as the 377th greatest contemporary country single and wrote, "With this out-of-left-field smash, Walker has the dubious honor of bringing Caribbean-flavored country back to the forefront." 
This song debuted at number 60 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart dated December 27, 1997. It charted for 27 weeks on that chart, and peaked at number 2 on the chart dated April 11, 1998. It also peaked at number 65 on the Billboard Hot 100.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Billboard Hot 100||65|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||58|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||12|
- Schmitzer, Lauren. "Country radio warms up to laid-back Caribbean sounds." Billboard 110.13 (1998): 24. Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 18 May 2011.
- Flick, Larry Billboard Single Reviews DECEMBER 20, 1997
- The Dallas Morning News You can cut a disc, but can you cut a deal? (8 March 1998).
- Coyne, Kevin John 400 Best Contemporary Country Singles: #400-#376 Country Universe (September 18, 2005)
- 1998 Billboard Music Video Awards (Oct 9 1998)
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3540." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 4, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Clay Walker Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Clay Walker Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.