|Screenplay by||M. Karunanidhi|
|Produced by||G. Babu|
G. B. Art Combines
Thendral Sudum (transl. The breeze blows) is a 1989 Indian Tamil-language film directed by Manobala and written by M. Karunanidhi, starring Nizhalgal Ravi and Raadhika. It is a remake of the Hindi film Khoon Bhari Maang (1988), itself loosely adapted from the 1983 Australian miniseries Return to Eden. The film revolves around a woman seeking revenge on her husband after surviving an attempt made by him on her life. was released on 10 March 1989.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (December 2022)
Kala, a docile woman, is pushed into a crocodile's jaws by her husband Anand during their honeymoon. Having survived the attempt on her life, she undergoes plastic surgery and seeks revenge on Anand.
|"Aathaadi Allikodi"||Uma Ramanan||Vaali|
|"Dhoori Dhoori"||S. Janaki, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Bhavatharini|
|"Oru Raaja"||K. S. Chithra, S. P. Sailaja||Vaali|
|"Dhoori Dhoori"||P. Susheela|
Release and reception
Thendral Sudum was released on 10 March 1989. N. Krishnaswamy of The Indian Express wrote, "Thendral Sudum despite the familiar theme manages to keep alive viewer interest because of neat characterisation [..] and good acting".
- பி.எஸ்.எஸ். (2 April 1989). "தென்றல் சுடும்". Kalki (in Tamil). pp. 48–49. Archived from the original on 30 December 2022. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- "'Khoon Bhari Maang' is my biggest hit: Kabir Bedi". Sify. 12 August 2019. Archived from the original on 13 December 2019. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Thendral Sudum". New Straits Times. 28 October 1989. p. 40. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- "Thendral Sudum Tamil Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 22 October 2021. Retrieved 20 October 2021.
- "Vijay to Sid Sriram: Five Kollywood singers who delivered chartbuster songs". The Times of India. 7 April 2020. Archived from the original on 28 September 2022. Retrieved 20 October 2021.
- ஹுசைன், முகமது (3 June 2022). "முத்தமிழ் அறிஞரின் முத்தான காவியங்கள்". Hindu Tamil Thisai (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 12 December 2022. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- Krishnaswamy, N. (17 March 1989). "Thendral Sudum". The Indian Express. p. 5. Retrieved 11 January 2019.