Theo & the Skyscrapers
Theo & The Skyscrapers
|Origin||New York City, USA|
|Labels||Dark Daddy Records|
Theo & the Skyscrapers are an experimental electronic band from New York City consisting of Theo Kogan (formerly of the band Lunachicks, and also a model and actress), Sean Pierce (of Toilet Böys), Chris Kling and Dimitry Makhnosky. Their sound has also been described as "a cross breed of new wave and metal". and a "gloriously trashy technicolor electro-clash disco cabaret, with quirky art-punk and metallic overtones."
In the fall of 2003, Theo and her husband, Sean, met Chris and Dimitry and Theo & the Skyscrapers was formed. The band released Theo and the Skyscrapers in 2006 and So Many Ways to Die in 2007 on their record label, Dark Daddy Records.
- Sanneh, Kelefa (August 20, 2006). "THE WEEK AHEAD: Aug. 20 - 26; POP/JAZZ". The New York Times.
- http://www.prickmag.net/theoskyscrapersfeature.html New York Cool
- http://www.ink19.com/issues/july2006/eventReviews/theoSkyscrapers.html Ink19
- http://www.scenepointblank.com/reviews/2105 Scenepointblank
- http://www.gothictheatre.com/artists/detail/theo-and-the-skyscrapers Gothic Theatre
- http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/artist/Theo%20&%20The%20Skyscrapers/a/Theo%20&%20The%20Skyscrapers.htm CDuniverse
- http://brooklynrocks.blogspot.com/2008/01/screen-test-interview-w-rob-roth-theo.html Brooklynrocks blog