Theo Bos (footballer)
|Date of birth||5 October 1965|
|Place of birth||Nijmegen, Netherlands|
|Date of death||28 February 2013(aged 47)|
|Place of death||Elst, Netherlands|
|2005–2009||FC Den Bosch|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Theo Bos served as manager of FC Den Bosch from 2005 to 2009. Later in 2009, it was confirmed he would make a comeback at Vitesse, this time as a head coach. He was removed from his managerial duties in October 2010 by new club owner, Georgian businessman Merab Jordania.
He served as head coach of Dutch Eerste Divisie club FC Dordrecht in the 2011–12 season, replacing Henny Lee who opted to leave the club in order to join FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie league. In January 2012 he was forced to take indefinite leave of absence after he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer; his place as head coach was temporarily taken by assistant Virgil Breetveld on an interim basis. After the end of the season it seemed like Bos would return to being in charge of the team; however, on 14 July 2012, it was announced that he had been forced to take indefinite sick leave due to his health conditions.
Bos died on 28 February 2013 of pancreatic cancer, aged forty-seven. Following his death, a special remembrance to honour Theo Bos took place at Gelredome with around 7,000 Vitesse supporters. Bos was survived by his wife Marieke and their daughter as well as two children from a previous marriage. Vitesse retired his shirt number 4 from use in his honour.
- In memoriam: Theo Bos, ‘Mister Vitesse’ - Vitesse (in Dutch)
- "Theo Bos". Goal.com. 2010-04-18. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- "Theo Bos będzie trenerem Polonii Warszawa". wp.pl. 2011-01-06. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- "FC Dordrecht stelt Bos aan als opvolger van LeeFC Dordrecht stelt Bos aan als opvolger van Lee" (in Dutch). Voetbal International. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Tumor geconstateerd bij trainer Theo Bos" [Coach Theo Bos diagnosed with cancer] (in Dutch). NU.nl. 7 January 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Bos stopt noodgedwongen als trainer van FC Dordrecht" [Bos forced to stop as FC Dordrecht coach] (in Dutch). Voetbal International. 14 July 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Vitesse-icoon Theo Bos overleden, NOS (February 28, 2013)
- Theo Bos overleden - FC Dordrecht (in Dutch)
- Nooit meer nummer 4 bij Vitesse - Gelderlander (in Dutch)
|This biographical article related to association football in the Netherlands, about a defender, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|