Theo Kogan live in 2005 with Theo & the Skyscrapers
December 23, 1969 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, actress, model|
Dark Daddy Records
Theo and the Skyscrapers
Theo Kogan (born December 23, 1969) is an American singer, songwriter, model, and actress. She is most well known for being the vocalist of the all girl punk band, Lunachicks. Currently, she sings in the dance/electronic band, Theo & the Skyscrapers. She also has her own cosmetic line, Armour Beauty. She is married to Sean Pierce, the guitarist of Theo & the Skyscrapers and the Toilet Böys.
Theo has had roles in movies such as Zoolander, Rock Star, In the Cut, Bringing Out the Dead and High Times' Potluck. She has also appeared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Third Watch and The Jon Stewart Show. She has done voice over work for Live Freaky! Die Freaky! Kogan can also be seen in "Screen Test", a broadway musical directed by Rob Roth which her band Theo and the Skyscrapers composed the music for.
- Foad, Lisa (June 22, 2006). "Pride stage: Theo And The Skyscrapers". Xtra!.
- Alexander, Jenn (October 2007). "Theo and the Skyscrapers". Prick Magazine.
- Eby, Margaret (2012). Rock and Roll Baby Names: Over 2,000 Music-Inspired Names, from Alison to Ziggy. Gotham. ISBN 1592406955.
- Guitar World Staff (6 April 2009). "GW GIRLS: Theo Kogan". guitarworld.com. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Pelegano, Justin Quinn (February 16, 2006). "Theo Kogan". Trigger Magazine.
- McHugh, Kathleen Anne (2007). Jane Campion (Contemporary Film Directors). University of Illinois Press. p. 167. ISBN 0252074475.
- Thompson, David (2004). Scorsese on Scorsese: Revised Edition. Faber & Faber. p. 300. ISBN 0571220029.
- Edison, Mike (2009). I Have Fun Everywhere I Go: Savage Tales of Pot, Porn, Punk Rock, Pro Wrestling, Talking Apes, Evil Bosses, Dirty Blues, American Heroes, and the Most Notorious Magazines in the World. Faber & Faber. p. 265. ISBN 0865479038.
- New York Times (January 11, 2008). "Spare Times". The New York Times.