Wharton playing for the Cardiff City development team in 2013
|Full name||Theo Jay Wharton|
|Date of birth||15 November 1994|
|Place of birth||Cwmbran, Wales|
(on loan from Cardiff City)
|2017–||→ Weston-super-Mare (loan)||1||(0)|
|2016–||Saint Kitts and Nevis||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:04, 28 March 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23:00, 31 November 2016 (UTC)
Theo Jay Wharton (born 15 November 1994) is a professional footballer who plays for Weston-super-Mare on loan from Championship side Cardiff City and the Saint Kitts and Nevis national football team as a midfielder.
Wharton started his career at Cardiff City playing for their under-18 side during the 2011-12 season, his impressive form for the youth team resulted in a first-team call up by manager Malky Mackay for the FA Cup game against West Bromwich Albion, in which he came on as a substitute. Following his debut Mackay admitted that Wharton would train with first team and had a "big future ahead of him". On 29 March 2012, Wharton signed his first professional contract which will keep at Cardiff till at least 2014. His next appearance didn't come until 5 January 2013 in an FA Cup against Macclesfield Town, which the Bluebirds lost 2-1.
Wharton was first selected for the Wales Under-17 squad for 2011 Euro qualifiers where he start 2 games against Belgium and Denmark. Wharton was called up to the Wales Under-21 squad versus Moldova on 22 March 2013. On 9 September 2014, Wharton made his Wales under-21 debut in a 1-1 draw against Lithuania under-21s.
In 2016, Wharton chose to switch allegiance to play for Saint Kitts and Nevis, the country where his grandparents were born. He made his debut for the side on 13 November 2016 in a 2–0 defeat to Haiti.
- As of 10 April 2015
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Total|
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Total|
- "Theo Wharton to spend more time with Cardiff City first team after debut". South Wales Echo. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Andrew Penman (29 March 2012). "Gwent teenager signs for Bluebirds". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Wharton joins Seagulls on loan". Weston-super-Mare AFC. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- Wales Under-21
- "Lithuania U21 1-1 Wales U21". BBC. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- Penman, Andrew (25 November 2016). "Cardiff City youngster Theo Wharton pledges international future to St Kitts & Nevis". Penarth Times. Retrieved 1 January 2016.