|Born||14 May 1892|
|Died||12 August 1983(aged 91)|
|Years of service||1911–45|
|Commands held||Cruiser Köln
Commanding admiral "Ostland"
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Theodor Burchardi (14 May 1892 – 12 August 1983) was an Admiral with the Kriegsmarine during World War II and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany. He was responsible for organising the evacuation of 2 million people from Courland and Eastern Prussia at the end of World War II in Operation Hannibal and the Evacuation of East Prussia.
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (24 January 1915) & 1st Class (27 September 1919)
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 4th to 1st Class (2 October 1936)
- Sudetenland Medal (20 December 1939)
- Memel Medal (3 June 1940)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (10 October 1939) & 1st Class (18 January 1940)
- Order of the Cross of Liberty 1st Class with Swords (7 June 1943)
- German Cross in Gold (31 March 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Dörr 1995, p. 115.
- Thomas 1997, p. 92.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 254.
- Dörr, Manfred (1995). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Überwasserstreitkräfte der Kriegsmarine—Band 1: A–K [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the Surface Forces of the Navy—Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2453-2.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.