|• MLA||Rakesh Singha|
|Elevation||2,310 m (7,580 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 1783 xxxxxx|
As of 2001[update] India census, Theog had a population of 3,754. Males constitute 57% of the population and females 43%. Theog has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 56%. In Theog, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. According to the census of 1931, the total population of Theog state was 6912 , there were 6800 Hindus, 91 muslims and 21 Sikhs in Theog State in 1931
Theog is located at  It has an average elevation of 1965 metres (6446 feet). It is situated on National Highway NH22 (on the Hindustan-Tibet Road), is 32 km away from Shimla, and is a town of five 'Ghats' (or ridges): Rahi Ghat, Deori Ghat, Prem Ghat, Janoghat,and Bagaghat..
There are numerous villages which come under the jurisdiction of Theog.
- Punjab State Gazetteers: pt. A. Simla Hill States. Punjab: Superintendent, Government Printing, 1935. 1935. p. 27.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Punjab State Gazetteers: pt. A. Simla Hill States. Superintendent, Government Printing, 1935 - Punjab (India). 1935. p. 24.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Theog
- "National Highways in Himachal Pradesh" (PDF). Himachal Pradesh Public Works Department. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Theog.|