Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up theory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Theory is a type of abstract or generalizing thinking, or its result.
Theory may also refer to:
- Literary theory, the systematic study of the nature of literature, or any of a variety of scholarly approaches to reading texts
- Philosophical theory, a position that explains or accounts for a general philosophy or specific branch of philosophy
- Scientific theory, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world
- Theory, a type of argument in policy debate and Lincoln–Douglas debate
- Theory (chess), consensus and literature on how the game should be played
- Theory (clothing retailer), a New York-based fashion label
- Theory (mathematical logic), a set of sentences (theorems) in a formal language
- Theory (poem), a poem from Wallace Stevens's first book of poetry, Harmonium, published in 1917
- Theory Eatery, an American cuisine restaurant in Portland, Oregon
- Ki:Theory, the American recording artist and producer Joel Burleson
- List of notable theories
- Theoria, theological contemplation
- In Theory (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "theory"
- All pages with a title containing theory
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Theory.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.