Theppotsavam, or float festival, is a Hindu religious festival carried out in Hindu temples in parts of South India, mainly Tamil Nadu during the month of Chitthirai or Chaitra. As a part of this festival, the principal idol of the temples is decorated and taken in procession through the tank of the temple.
Some of the temples where the float festival is celebrated are:
- Tirumala Venkateswara Temple
- Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai
- Samayapuram Mariamman Temple
- Simhachalam Temple, Visakhapatnam
- Kanaka Durga Temple, Vijayawada
- Thiyagaraja temple,
- "Float festival begins". The Hindu. March 16, 2003.
- "Huge crowd witnesses float festival at 'teppakulam' in Madurai". The Hindu. January 21, 2011.
- "Festivals". Samayapuram mariamman Temple.
- "'Teppotsavam' draws crowds". The Hindu.
- "Dussehra festivities end, but joy continues at Vijayawada KanakaDurga temple". Deccan Chronicle. Vijayawada. 5 October 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2015.