Therapist is a person who offers any kinds of therapy. Therapists are trained professionals in the field of any types of services like psychologists, social workers, counsellors, life coachers and others. They are helpful in counselling individuals for various mental and physical issues.
Therapist refers to trained professionals engaged in providing services any kind of treatment or rehabilitation.
Therapist helps in resolving below issues:
- Issues on anxiety
- Issues on behaviour
- Issues on depression
- Issues on managing life changes
- Issues on eating disorder
- Issues on loneliness
- Issues on having complexion
- Grieving issues
- Issues on self esteem
- Issues due to negative thinking
- Issues due to chronic illness
- Issues on getting sleep
- Gender based or sexuality issues
- Issues on Relationship
- Society based issues
- Stress based issues
- Alcohol addiction based issues
- Issues due to suicide or self harm based thoughts
- Trauma related issues
- Therapists for addiction
- Therapists for art
- Therapists for children
- Therapists for message
- Therapists for marriage and children
- Therapists for music
- Therapists for occupation
- Therapists for physical body
- Therapists for psychology
- Therapists for yoga
- Psychotherapists belong to varied fields like psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, and psychiatrists
- Disorders in behaviour
- Mental health of Community
- Schooling and career
- Related to rehabilitation
- Substance based abuse
- autism and/or autism awareness
A therapist or a licensed counselor is required to qualify in state licensure exam and also preferred to have a master's degree in addition to completion of internship with a practicing Supervisor.
Some bachelor's degree holding counselors also practice under the guidance of licensed therapist or a psychologist. Few counselors prefer to have art therapy or addictions prevention training.
Following are the benefits of consulting a therapist.
- Improvement of physical and mental health
- Creating awareness on thoughts and its effect on behavious
- Practically understanding the relationship between thoughts and actions
- Friendly support and understanding
- Indepth knowledge in experience and behaviours
- Self awareness
- Improving social relationships
- Learning new skills in managing stress
- Interaction of issues like fear and worries with a neutral person
- "Therapist Vs. Psychologist | BetterHelp". betterhelp.com. 26 May 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "The Beginner's Guide to Finding a Therapist". PEOPLE.com. 10 June 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Types of Therapy: Choosing the Right One for You". health.usnews.com. 10 June 2022. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Benefits of Therapy for Yourself, Family, and Relationships". Healthline. 23 October 2020. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "What's the Difference Between a Therapist and a Psychotherapist?". medicinenet.com. 30 December 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "How to Find a Therapist That's Right for You: 9 Key Tips". Healthline. 17 August 2020. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "Talk therapy: How it works, benefits, and more". medicalnewstoday.com. 9 July 2021. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- Som, Rituparna (21 June 2021). "How to find the right therapist for you, according to mental health professionals". Vogue India. Retrieved 12 June 2022.
- "What Is a Therapist [Psychotherapist]? - The Complete Definition". Talkspace. 15 November 2016. Retrieved 12 June 2022.