There Is No Beginning to the Story
|There Is No Beginning to the Story|
|EP by Bright Eyes|
|Released||May 6, 2002|
|Pitchfork Media||(7.4/10) |
There Is No Beginning to the Story is an EP by Bright Eyes. The songs on it are fairly varied, with "From a Balance Beam" and "Loose Leaves" having more electronic qualities, while "Messenger Bird's Song" and "We Are Free Men" are more rooted in acoustic. The 12" vinyl edition includes 2 extra songs: "Amy in the White Coat," a harrowing song about a father's sexual abuse of his daughter and "Out on the Weekend," a Neil Young cover.
This album is the 45th release of Saddle Creek Records.
- "From a Balance Beam"
- "Messenger Bird's Song"
- "We Are Free Men"
- "Loose Leaves"
- "Amy in the White Coat" (vinyl release only)
- "Out on the Weekend" (Neil Young) (vinyl release only)
- Todd Baechle - Voice
- Kriss Brooks - Piano
- Stefanie Drootin - Organ
- Orenda Fink - Trumpet, Voice
- Margret Fish - Bassoon
- Jason Flatowicz - Trombone
- Simon Joyner - Voice, Good Advice
- Jiha Lee - Flute, Voice
- Andy Lemaster - Electric Guitars, Voice
- Clay Leverett - Voice
- Matt Maginn - Bass, Pylons
- Roslyn Maginn - Percussion
- Mike Mogis - Hammer Dulcimer, Vibraphone, Glockenspiel, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, Bells, Electric Guitars
- Conor Oberst - Guitars, Rhodes, Piano, Voice
- Casey Scott - Bass, Percussion
- Maria Taylor - Piano, Voice
- Mike Mogis - Recording, Mixing
- Andy Lemaster - Recording
- Doug Van Sloun - Mastering
- Zack Nipper - Diorama, Layout
- Matt Maginn - Layout
|This 2000s folk album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s indie pop album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|