Hicksville, New York U.S.
|Other names||Long Island Medium|
|Known for||Long Island Medium|
Caputo grew up on Long Island.
Caputo's claim of being a medium has been publicly challenged by multiple sources, ranging from television news programs like Inside Edition to print publications such as Wired Magazine. Caputo was described by D. J. Grothe as a charlatan, and James Randi said that her claims were not true.
In April 2012, the James Randi Educational Foundation awarded Caputo its Pigasus Award, a tongue-in-cheek award that seeks to expose parapsychological, paranormal or psychic frauds. The James Randi Education Foundation has been critical of Caputo's work.
In 2014, investigator Ron Tebo publicly accused Caputo of fraud. According to Tebo, Caputo engages in several forms of deception, including sending staff members to interview audience members in advance in order to be able to pretend that she acquires knowledge from communicating with the deceased.
Caputo has been married to Larry Caputo for over 20 years. They have two children, who have both appeared on the show: Larry Caputo Jr. and Victoria Caputo. Theresa is Catholic.
- 2011-present: Long Island Medium – Theresa Caputo
Works and publications
- Caputo, Theresa; Grish, Kristina (2013). There's More to Life Than This: Healing Messages, Remarkable Stories, and Insight About the Other Side from the Long Island Medium (1st Atria Books hardcover edition. ed.). Pocket Books. ISBN 978-1-47-672703-5. OCLC 872588683.
- Caputo, Theresa (2014). You Can't Make This Stuff Up: Life Changing Lessons from Heaven. Pocket Books. ISBN 9781-4-76-76443-6. OCLC 903630815.
- Caputo, Theresa (2017). Good Grief: Heal Your Soul, Honor Your Loved Ones, and Learn to Live Again. Atria Books. ISBN 978-1501139086.
- Agard, Chancellor (1 January 2016). "The Long Island Medium Dishes on Seeing Famous Ghosts". People. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Miller, Bruce R. (10 October 2014). "Medium Theresa Caputo finds plenty of interest in her ability to speak with the dead". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Dyball, Rennie (7 September 2012). "Everything You'd Want to Ask the Long Island Medium ... Answered". People. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Cook, Michael (21 December 2015). ""Long Island Medium" Theresa Caputo -- "You Can't Put A Price On What I Am Able To Give People"". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- Keeperman, Brittany. "Spirited energy: 'Long Island Medium' Theresa Caputo to appear at the Convo". Daily Chronicle. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "The Long Island Medium – Can she really communicate with the dead?". Inside Edition. 2012-11-08. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Stewart, Dodai (2012-10-20). "Super sad and misguided Emails intended for the Long Island Medium". Jezebel. Gawker Media. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Randi, James (2012-04-09). "The 'Medium' is not the messenger". Wired Magazine. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- Grothe, DJ. "Priceline.com: Will you prove your spokesperson worthy for a million dollars?". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "2012 Pigasus Awards Announcement" (YouTube video). James Randi Educational Foundation. March 30, 2012. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Stollznow, Dr. Karen (27 June 2012). "Long Island Medium: A Tall Story". James Randi Educational Foundation. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Is The Long Island Medium A Phony? Reality Star Theresa Caputo Subject Of Fraud Investigation, Audience Complaints: ‘After Tonight, I Am No Longer A Believer!’ Rages One Grieving Mom". Radar Online. June 4, 2014. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Fenwick Elliott, Annabel. "'She’s a vulture preying on the most vulnerable': Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo is branded a ‘fake’ by private investigator". Daily Mail. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Cavazini, Katherine (June 9, 2014). "Skeptic: ‘Long Island Medium’ a phony!". CNN. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Schumann, Redecka (June 6, 2014). "Is Theresa Caputo A Fake? ‘Long Island Medium’ Star Bashed By Investigator". International Business Times. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- Polidoro, Massimo (June 2016). "Theresa Caputo: The Fake Long Island Medium". Skeptical Inquirer. 40 (3): 16–17.
- Kovats, Kirstie (4 May 2015). "Larry Caputo Interview: Long Island Medium". Inked Magazine. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|