Recently the thermomass theory has been compared with the extended irreversible thermodynamics and phonon hydrodynamics theory. As a statistic foundation, it has been found that the convective term in the generalized heat conduction equation based on thermomass theory actually comes from the nonlinear part of the phonon distribution function, thus the derivation can be regarded as a nonlinear solution of the phonon Boltzmann equation, which extends the content of the GK model. For nonequilibrium thermodynamics the thermomass theory presents a modification of the entropy and entropy production, avoiding the paradox of negative entropy production in heat wave propagation. Furthermore, the entropy production originates from the establishment of Onsager reciprocal relations.So the validation of the reciprocal relation is also made from a thermomass perspective. The concept of generalized forces and fluxes are clarified to remove the controversy of the proof of reciprocal relations, i.e. whether or not the generalized flux can be expressed as the time derivative of certain state variables.
- Guo, Z.Y. (2006). "Motion and transfer of thermal mass-Thermal mass and thermon gas". Journal of Engineering Thermophysics. 27 (4): 631–634.
- Wang, Moran; Cao, Bin-Yang; Guo, Zeng-Yuan (2010). "GENERAL HEAT CONDUCTION EQUATIONS BASED ON THE THERMOMASS THEORY". Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer. 1 (1). doi:10.5098/hmt.v1.1.3004.
- Guo, Z.Y.; Zhu, H.Y. (2007). "Motion and transfer of thermal mass-conservation equations of thermon gas and Fourier's law". Journal of Engineering Thermophysics. 28 (1): 86–88.
- Guo, Zeng-Yuan; Hou, Quan-Wen (2010-04-29). "Thermal Wave Based on the Thermomass Model". Journal of Heat Transfer. 132 (7): 072403–072403. doi:10.1115/1.4000987. ISSN 0022-1481.
- Wang, Moran; Guo, Zeng-Yuan (2010-09-20). "Understanding of temperature and size dependences of effective thermal conductivity of nanotubes". Physics Letters A. 374 (42): 4312–4315. Bibcode:2010PhLA..374.4312W. doi:10.1016/j.physleta.2010.08.058.
- Dong, Yuan; Cao, Bing-Yang; Guo, Zeng-Yuan (2011). "Generalized heat conduction laws based on thermomass theory and phonon hydrodynamics". Journal of Applied Physics. 110 (6): 063504. Bibcode:2011JAP...110f3504D. doi:10.1063/1.3634113.
- Dong, Y.; Guo, Z. Y. (2011-04-01). "Entropy analyses for hyperbolic heat conduction based on the thermomass model". International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 54 (9–10): 1924–1929. doi:10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2011.01.011.
- Dong, Yuan (2012-01-01). "General expression for entropy production in transport processes based on the thermomass model". Physical Review E. 85 (6): 061107. Bibcode:2012PhRvE..85f1107D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevE.85.061107.
- Dong, Yuan (2012-01-01). "Clarification of Onsager reciprocal relations based on thermomass theory". Physical Review E. 86 (6): 062101. Bibcode:2012PhRvE..86f2101D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevE.86.062101.
-  - New Concept Heat & Thermomass Theory website