Therrell High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Daniel McLaughlin Therrell High School|
|3099 Panther Trail Southwest
|Motto||You can't hide that Panther Pride|
|School board||Atlanta Public Schools|
|School district||Atlanta Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Black and red|
|Nickname||Therrell, The Panthers, Panther Crew|
Three schools operate at the Therrell campus:
- D. M. Therrell School of Health Science and Research
- D. M. Therrell School of Law, Government and Public Policy
- School for Technology, Engineering, Math and Science at Therrell (STEMS)
The school's alma mater, performed only at graduation and during anniversary celebrations, was composed in the early days of Therrell High School.
Hail to thee, dear Therrell High;
Black and red we wear with pride.
Hail to thee, dear Panther Crew;
Honor and respect to you.
We're believing and achieving,
Striving hard to reach the top.
WE will praise thee forever more!
Therrell High, we do love you so.
Therrell High School Panthers to the top, to the top.
Oh lift your voices high and let your banners fly
Our Therrell spirit will never die
Fight, Fight, Fight
Therrell High School Panthers never stop, never stop
Oh we will fight, fight, fight to victory
Hear our battle cry -
The Therrell High School Panthers compete in region 5-AAA classification. The Therrell Lady Panthers track and field team captured its first AAA state championship since 1989 in 2007.
Alicia Montgomery - White House HBCU All-Star, United States Military, Business Analyst, Miss Achievers of Today and Tomorrow Incorporated
- Adrain Artary - United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Better Futures Campaign model, Bill & Melinda Gates Millennium Scholar '13
- Keith Brady - Mayor of Newnan, Georgia
- James Emory Chapman, MD - US National Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion, 1974, 1975<http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/James_Emory_Chapman>, currently orthopedic surgeon<http://www.lifescript.com/doctor-directory/orthopedic-surgeon/salisbury-north-carolina-nc-james-emory-chapman-md.aspx>
- Chet Grimsley - sports Hall of Famer, author of The White Golden Bull
- Winford Hood - retired NFL player
- K-Rab - rapper, producer, and originator of snap music
- Bishop Spencer Lackey, Sr. - businessman, Atlanta pastor and community leader
- Mac McWhorter - Texas Longhorns football offensive line coach
- New Jack - retired professional wrestler
- Julian Pickett - Army combat veteran, four tours to Iraq (2002-2014), Senior Configuration Manager at Defense Information System Agency in Washington, DC
- Polow Da Don - rapper, producer Zone4
- Kelvin Pritchett - retired NFL player
- Tim Roberts - retired NFL player
- Sleepy Brown - R&B singer
- Sedale Threatt - retired NBA player
- Rick Waits - Major League Baseball pitcher 1973-1985
- Lynn Westmoreland - U.S. House Of Representatives (R-Ga)
- Young Dro - rapper, one of the originators of the Futuristic style
Therrell High School has an active alumni association. D.M. Therrell High School Alumni Association, Inc. was established in April 2010. The D.M. Therrell High School Alumni Scholarship Fund was also established in April 2010. The alumni's annual weekend is the main fundraiser of the organization, with the first being held October 15–17, 2010. 
- "Atlanta Public Schools: Office of High Schools, Schools Directory". Atlanta Public Schools. Retrieved 2010-01-30.