These Days (Gyroscope song)
|Single by Gyroscope|
|from the album Breed Obsession|
"Forever Old |
|Released||1 November 2008|
Elevator Studios (Liverpool)
|Songwriter(s)||Daniel Sanders, Rob Nassif, Brad Campbell, Zoran Trivic|
|Gyroscope singles chronology|
"These Days" is the fourth single from Australian alternative rockers, Gyroscope's third studio album, Breed Obsession. It was released as a digital download by Warner Music on iTunes on 1 November 2008, containing two previously unreleased B-sides. The song, together with the rest of the album was recorded at Elevator Studios in Liverpool with Dave Eringa (Idlewild, Manic Street Preachers). The song has been a part of the band's live show since the album's release. In October 2008, Gyroscope posted a live video of the song on their Myspace profile, which Daniel Sanders, their lead singer described "We took a lot of time and care recording this one, as we wanted to make sure it was stamped with that proper English guitar tone."
A review on Australian music website, Faster Louder, regarding the song, states "A simply classic guitar riff from Zoran [Trivic] starts things off while a ticking drumbeat supplements Daniel’s “un, deux, trois” count in. Memorable guitar chords and tight drumming perfectly complement what will surely become another Gyroscope classic." TheDwarf website reviewer, Rebelution, described their live performance in May 2012 "[they] launched straight into ‘These Days' and ‘Confidence in Confidentiality' with an energy and enthusiasm that was maintained throughout the night. Even their more mellow songs, like ‘These Days', were given an intense and vibrant edge."
All tracks written by Daniel Sanders, Brad Campbell, Rob Nassif, Zoran Trivic.
- "New Australasian Releases". ARIA. November 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "These Days [Digital] - Gyroscope". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Gyroscope - These Days". Bigpond. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- Rebelution (30 May 2012). "Gyroscope with A Death in the Family & The Statics at Corner Hotel, The". TheDwarf. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Gyroscope: Breed Obsession". Warner Music Australia. Archived from the original on 1 August 2008. Retrieved 11 November 2008.
- "Gyroscope - Breed Obsession". FasterLouder. 20 March 2008. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "'These Days' at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 28 November 2007. Note: User may have to click on 'Search again' and provide details at 'Enter a title:', e.g. These Days; or at 'Performer:' Gyroscope.