These Glamour Girls
|These Glamour Girls|
|Directed by||S. Sylvan Simon|
|Produced by||Sam Zimbalist|
|Music by||David Snell
|Edited by||Harold F. Kress|
These Glamour Girls is a 1939 comedy-drama film directed by S. Sylvan Simon. It stars Lew Ayres and Lana Turner, with Tom Brown, Jane Bryan, Richard Carlson, Anita Louise and Ann Rutherford in featured roles.
A drunken college student invites a dance hostess to the big college dance and then forgets he asked her. When she shows up at school, he tries to get rid of her, but she won't leave. Instead she stays and shows up both him and his classmates snooty dates.
- Lew Ayres as Philip S. 'Phil' Griswold III
- Lana Turner as Jane Thomas
- Tom Brown as Homer Ten Eyck
- Richard Carlson as Joe
- Jane Bryan as Carol Christy
- Anita Louise as Daphne 'Daph' Graves
- Marsha Hunt as Betty Ainsbridge
- Ann Rutherford as Mary Rose Wilston
- Mary Beth Hughes as Ann Van Reichton
- Owen Davis Jr. as Greg Smith
- Ernest Truex as Alumnus of Harvard
- Sumner Getchell as Blimpy
- Peter Lind Hayes as Skel Lorimer (as Peter Hayes)
- Don Castle as Jack
- Tom Collins as Tommy Torgler
According to MGM records the film earned $420,000 in the US and Canada and $160,000 elsewhere resulting in a loss of $33,000.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
|This article about a 1930s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|