Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up thesis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A thesis (from Greek θέσις, from τίθημι tithemi, I put) is a formal academic work, also known as a dissertation.
Thesis may also refer to:
- Thesis statement, of a dissertation, essay, or other argumentative work
- Arsis and thesis, used to refer to the downbeat or accented part of a measure or declining part of a phrase
Organisations, brands and companies
- Thesis (representative body), a German academic organisation
- Thesis (typeface), a font superfamily designed by Lucas de Groot
- Lancia Thesis, an executive car by Lancia
- Tesis, a Spanish film
- Thesis (Jimmy Guiffre 3 album)
- Thesis (Matthew Shipp and Joe Morris album)
- The Thesis, album by The Ambassador
Mathematics and logic
- A conjecture, especially one too vague to be formally stated or verified but useful as a working convention
- A hypothesis, especially one too vague to be formally stated or verified but useful as a working convention
- A proposition
- In philosophy, the first stage of a dialectic, as in thesis, antithesis, synthesis
- TESIS Aviation Enterprise, a cargo airline from Russia
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Thesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.