They're All Gonna Laugh at You!
|They're All Gonna Laugh at You!|
|Studio album by Adam Sandler|
|Released||September 28, 1993 (US)|
|Recorded||The Hit Factory, New York City
The Zoo, Encino, California
|Adam Sandler chronology|
They're All Gonna Laugh at You! is the debut album by American comedian Adam Sandler, released in 1993. The title comes from a repeated line in the track "Oh Mom...", which is itself a parody of a scene in the film Carrie. Several of the tracks on the album feature very adult humor, a departure from the material in his films, which are generally rated PG-13. This is a trend that would continue on his subsequent comedy albums and live tours.
At the time of the recording, Adam Sandler was in the middle of his five season career at Saturday Night Live and much of this album was made with the help of his friends from the show. Besides Sandler, the album features fellow SNL performers Rob Schneider, David Spade, Tim Meadows, as well as SNL writers Conan O'Brien, Robert Smigel, and career writing partner Tim Herlihy. The album was also produced by G.E. Smith, SNL's musical director at the time. Several friends of Sandler's also perform and co-write on the album, some of whom would go on to become recurring players in Sandler's films, most notably Allen Covert.
In addition to several non-musical skits, the album includes five songs, two of which were performed live (and previously were performed on SNL: "The Thanksgiving Song" and "Lunchlady Land") at The Strand in Redondo Beach, California on July 25, 1993.
|Entertainment Weekly||(D) link|
All written by Adam Sandler, unless otherwise noted.
- "Assistant Principal's Big Day" (Sandler/Tim Herlihy/Rob Schneider) – 2:20
- "The Buffoon and the Dean of Admissions" (Sandler/Herlihy) – 2:16
- "Buddy" (Sandler/Schneider) – 2:12
- "The Longest Pee" (Sandler/Schneider) – 2:15
- "Food Innuendo Guy" (Sandler/Jon Rosenberg) – 2:24
- "The Beating of a High School Janitor" – 0:31
- "Right Field" (Sandler/F. Wolf/H. Busgang/D. McGrath) – 3:11
- "The Buffoon and the Valedictorian" (Sandler/Herlihy) – 2:16
- "Mr. Spindel's Phone Call" (Sandler/Robert Smigel) – 2:01
- "The Thanksgiving Song" (Sandler/Smigel/Ian Maxtone-Graham) – 3:46
- "The Beating of a High School Bus Driver" (Sandler/Koren) – 0:57
- "Oh Mom..." (Sandler/Schneider) – 2:08
- "Fatty McGee" (Sandler/Spade/Meadows)– 3:12
- "At a Medium Pace" (Sandler/Koren/Smigel) – 3:16
- "The Beating of a High School Science Teacher" – 0:50
- "The Cheerleader" (Sandler/Schneider) – 1:34
- "I'm So Wasted" (Sandler/Schneider) – 5:00
- "Lunchlady Land" (Sandler/Bob Odenkirk/Allen Covert/Herlihy) – 5:01
- "The Beating of a High School Spanish Teacher" – 0:28
- "Toll Booth Willie" (Koren/Sandler) – 3:47
- "Teenage Love on the Phone" – 2:32
- "My Little Chicken" (Sandler/Schneider) – 2:15
Tracks in bold are songs.
- Adam Sandler - writer/performer
- Allen Covert - writer/performer
- Rob Schneider - writer/performer
- Robert Smigel - writer/performer
- Tim Herlihy - writer/performer
- Tim Meadows - performer
- David Spade - performer
- Andrew Leeds - performer
- Conan O'Brien - performer
- Jennifer Lien - performer
- Meghan Andrews - performer
- Judd Apatow - performer
- Brooks Arthur - producer
- G.E. Smith - musical director
- Frank Nadasdy - engineer
- Gabe Veltri - engineer, mixing
- Peter Elia - assistant engineer
- NBC Productions (1993). They're All Gonna Laugh at You! (Booklet). Adam Sandler. Warner Bros. p. 3.
- Marchese, David (26 September 2013). "Enter Sandman: The Oral History of Adam Sandler's 'They're All Gonna Laugh at You!'". Spin. Retrieved 15 April 2014.