Games People Play (The Spinners song)
|"Games People Play"|
|Single by The Spinners|
|from the album Pick of the Litter|
|B-side||"I Don't Want to Lose You"|
|Format||7 inch single|
3:29 (7")4:41 (album)
|Songwriter(s)||Joseph B. Jefferson, Bruce Hawes, Charles Simmons|
|The Spinners singles chronology|
"Games People Play", also known as "They Just Can't Stop It (The Games People Play)", is a song recorded by American R&B vocal group The Spinners. Released in 1975 from their Pick of the Litter album, featuring lead vocals by Bobby Smith, the song was a crossover success, spending a week at number one on the US Hot Soul Singles chart and peaking at number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Recorded at Philly's Sigma Sound Studios, the house band MFSB provided the backing.
- Lead vocals by Bobby Smith, Pervis Jackson, and Evette Benton
- Background vocals by Philippé Wynne, Pervis Jackson, Henry Fambrough, Billy Henderson, and the Sigma Sweethearts: Barbara Ingram, Carla Benson and Evette Benton
- Instrumentation by various MFSB
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 545.
- "Gold & Platinum". RIAA. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Bienvenue au site Web Bibliothèque et Archives Canada / Welcome to the Library and Archives Canada website". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- "Adult Contemporary Music Chart". Billboard. 1975-10-25. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". collectionscanada.gc.ca.
- "The CASH BOX Year-End Charts: 1975". 22.214.171.124. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
"This Will Be" by Natalie Cole
|US Billboard Hot Soul Singles number-one single
October 18, 1975
"To Each His Own" by Faith, Hope & Charity