Thiagarajar College of Engineering
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Vinaiye Uyir—Duty Is Life|
|Principal||V. Abhai Kumar|
|288 (Ph.D - 167)|
|Location||Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Suburban, 143 acres|
|Affiliations||Anna University, Chennai|
Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE) is an government aided autonomous institution located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It is one of several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by philanthropist and industrialist Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. TCE was established in 1957. The courses offered in TCE are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. TCE was granted Autonomy in the year 1987. The institution offers the Master's in Industrial Engineering among others.
The institution and hostels are located near Thirupparankundram on the outskirts of Madurai, 8 kilometres south-west of the city of Madurai.
The campus is located 10 km from the Madurai Airport, 8 km from the Madurai Railway station and is well connected by buses with all parts of state.
TCE offers 8 undergraduate,16 postgraduate programs and research programs (MS and PhD) in all Engineering and Science streams.
Quality Development activities
One of the participating institute in Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education (QEEE) program of MHRD,GoI
one of the Selected institute in Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP) phase 2
- Resource Center For Spoken Tutorial Project - IIT Bombay
- European Technology Experience Center (ETEC)
|Engineering – India|
TCE was ranked 37 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2017 and 38 by Outlook India in 2016. Careers360 has given it the second best rating, "AAAA+", among engineering colleges in 2017.
Techutsav - a State level inter college technical festival conducted every year
Quest - a district level inter school mega cultural festival organized every year
|This section needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- TCE - TBI (Technology Business Incubator)is established in Campus with support from Department of Science & Technology
- The institute provided space for setting up the first MNC in Madurai, Honeywell technology solutions lab. The 2 facilities have also set up an incubation centre.
- One incubated company,Thiagarajar Telekom Solutions Limited (TTSL)working on Wireless Design situated in Campus
- The institute is funded by TIFAC-CORE as a center of excellence for wireless technologies in India.
- Has set up an anechoic chamber for antenna testing and characterisation, which is available only in a few places in India, such as in IIT Delhi.
- In July 2009, the institute signed an agreement with Yahoo's research division to do collaborative research for three years in cloud computing. This is the first time Yahoo has set up a long term collaboration in India.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 (Engineering)". Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Top Engineering Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.
- "Honeywell, TCE tie up for incubation unit". Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "Honeywell to execute its "critical projects" from Madurai centre". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-08-25. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "College signs MoU with Yahoo!India". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2009-08-02. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- Students come up with unique research ideas (through Quality Circle) in Madurai: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Madurai/students-come-up-with-unique-research-ideas-in-madurai/article6574062.ece
- Compiled details in MHRD ministry database: http://www.knowyourcollege-gov.in/instituteDetails.php?insti_id=1-429823423