Thiagarajar College of Engineering
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Motto in English
|Duty Is Life|
|Principal||V. Abhai Kumar|
|Location||Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Suburban, 143 acres|
|Affiliations||Anna University, Chennai|
Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE) is a government-aided autonomous institution located in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It is one of several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by philanthropist and industrialist Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. TCE was established in 1957. The courses offered in TCE are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. TCE was granted Autonomy in the year 1987.
The institution and hostels are located near Thirupparankundram on the outskirts of Madurai, 8 kilometres south-west of the city of Madurai.
The campus is located 10 km from the Madurai Airport, 8 km from the Madurai Railway station and is well connected by buses with all parts of state.
TCE offers 8 undergraduate,16 postgraduate programs and research programs (MS and PhD) in all Engineering and Science streams.
|Engineering – India|
|Outlook India (2017)||31|
- A. Sivathanu Pillai, Honorary Distinguished Professor at ISRO
- Karthik Subbaraj, Kollywood director
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "APJ Abdul Kalam tried to merge ISRO and DRDO: Sivathanu Pillai". The Times of India. Times News Network. 30 July 2016. Retrieved 27 August 2017.