|Born||10 January 1801
Crefeld, Roer Department, French First Republic
|Died||10 January 1878 (aged 77)
Neuilly-sur-Seine, Paris, French Third Republic
|Spouse(s)||Christine Pétronille Pierrart|
Thierry Hermès (1801-1878) was a German-born French businessman. He was the founder of high fashion brand Hermès International.
Thierry Hermès was born in 1801 in Krefeld, Germany. His father, Thierry Hermès, was French, and his mother, Agnese Kuhnen, was German. He was named after his father. He was born as a French citizen as Krefeld was part of Napoleon's empire. After he lost his entire family to disease and war, he moved to France in 1821.
Personal life and death
Hermes married Christine Pétronille Pierrart (1805-1896), daughter of Joseph Pierrart and Madeleine Corte. They had two sons:
Hermes died in 1878, aged 77
- Vanity Fair, Issues 562-565, Condé Nast Publications, 2007
- Valerie Steele (ed.), The Berg Companion to Fashion, Berg, 2010, p. 404 
- New Perfume Handbook, Springer, 30 Jun 1997, p. 154
- Stanley Marcus, Quest for the Best, Denton, Texas: University of North Texas Press, 1979, p. 88 
- Karelisa Hartigan, Muse on Madison Avenue: classical mythology in contemporary advertising, P. Lang, 2002, p. 134 
- Le Cheval a Paris de 1850 a 1914, Librairie Droz, p. 152