Thierry Jonquet (19 January 1954 – 9 August 2009) was a French writer who specialised in crime novels with political themes. He was born in Paris; his most recent and best known novel outside France was Mygale (1995), then published in the US in 2003 by City Lights. Mygale was also published in the UK as Tarantula in 2005 (Serpent's Tail). He wrote over 20 novels in French, including Le bal des débris, Moloch and Rouge c'est la vie.
Jonquet died aged 55 in hospital in Paris.
- Ils sont votre épouvante et vous êtes leur crainte (2006)
- Mon vieux (2005)
- Comedia (2005)
- Mygale (1984); in English translation by Donald Nicholson-Smith as Mygale (City Lights, 2003) and as Tarantula (Serpent's Tail, 2005)
- Jours tranquilles à Belleville (2003)
- Le manoir des immortelles (2003)
- Ad vitam aeternam (2002)
- Le bal des débris (2000)
- Rouge c'est la vie (1998)
- Thierry Jonquet est mort
- Dargis, Manohla, "A Beautiful Prisoner Lost in Almodóvar’s Labyrinth" (partial paywall), review, The New York Times, October 13, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Serpent's Tail page
- Portrait of Thierry Jonquet by Olivier Favier, flickr.
- Mygale Complete-Review
- Mygale - City Lights Book Description
|This article about a French writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|