This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thierry Noritop (Terry Noritop), born in Paris on 5 April 1955, is a French musician (guitar, keyboards, programming and arranger), songwriter & producer.
Thierry Noritop is one of the two members of the band STEREO a French group who released in 1982 the cult song Somewhere in the night. The other member Bernie Adam born in Neuilly sur Seine on 18 January 1947 is a singer, songwriter & producer who also released several singles (A movie star & It's over now...) and an album on WEA as a solo singer in the early 1980s.
In 2008, the NYC record label Minimal Wave Records formed by Veronica Vasicka in 2005 re-released Somewhere in the night including the title song and the full Assembly line LP released in 1985. Somewhere in the night is the complete work of STEREO from 1982 to 1985 except the B-side Stereomania from the first single, but added with an unreleased bonus track Lover on the run, never issued before.
The CD version included :
Somewhere in the Night, Black Jack, TV News, Nowhere in the island, No more, Lover on the run, The devil's answer, Moonshine, No more 12" version, Then I kissed her 12" version.
The LP version included :
A-side : Somewhere in the Night, Black Jack, TV News, Nowhere in the island. B-side : No more, Lover on the run, The devil's answer, Moonshine.
STEREO has recorded in Düsseldorf a brand new album with new songs co-produced by Ralf Beck, the co-producer and co-writer of the song Valley of the machine gods by Propaganda in 2005, released as a limited edition 12" vinyl.
STEREO : the new album Back to somewhere, released on 28 August 2015.
Thierry Noritop has also written, arranged and produced The Sixties who released four singles in the eighties.
In the 2000s, he has worked with Dominique Verdan and Daniel Finot in a new-age band called Ayuthya... And as a duet with Daniel Finot, simply called Thierry Noritop & Daniel Finot.
STEREO in SOLO : the first Thierry Noritop solo album Somewhere out there, released on 23 February 2018 including Flowers on the moon, Electric city of light, Secret secret & Skytrain.
The XTended versions EP, released on 26 October 2018 including long versions of the Somewhere out there main songs from the album.
Flowers On The Moon Remixes LP, released on 19 April 2019 including remixes by The Frixion, Fused, Graflex and Nature of Wires.
Somewhere in the electric city LP, released on 8 November 2019 including remixes by Mystic Experience, DLeMax, The Frixion, Fused, Graflex and Nature of Wires.
- Somewhere in the night : 7' & 12' single - Carrere Records (1982)
- No more : 7' & 12' single – CBS Records (1983)
- Black Jack : 12' single – Bernett Records (1985)
- Assembly line : LP – Bernett Records (1985)
- Somewhere in the night : CD, LP & digital download – Minimal Wave Records (2008)
- Back to somewhere : CD, LP & digital download – StereoSomewhere Records (2015)
- Various artists - Cold waves and minimal electronics : CD, LP & digital download - Angular Records (2010)
- Various artists - Cosmic Machine The Sequel - A Voyage Across French Cosmic & Electronic Avantgarde (70s-80s) : CD, LP & digital download - Because Music (2016)
Stereo in Solo discography
- Somewhere out there : CD & digital - Somewhere In Mono Records (2018)
- The XTended versions EP : Digital - Somewhere In Mono Records (2018)
- Flowers On The Moon Remixes LP : Digital - Somewhere In Mono Records (2019)
- Somewhere in the electric city LP : Digital - Somewhere In Mono Records (2019)
- Thierry Noritop
- Stereo in Solo interview on The Spill Magazine
- The 20 best Minimal Wave records ever made
- Interview Veronica Vasicka
- Stereo discography on Discogs
- Stereo in Solo discography on Discogs
- Ayuthya discography on Discogs
- Noritop discography on Discogs
- Igloomagazine Stereo interview
- Minimal Wave
- Thierry Noritop 7-inch singles discography
- Stereo in Solo the XTended versions EP review on The Spill Magazine