|Occupation||Hydro-Québec (President and CEO)|
Thierry Vandal is a Canadian businessman. He has been the President and Chief Executive Officer of Hydro-Québec since 2005. Vandal announced in January 2015 that he was stepping down front his role and is scheduled to leave on May 1, 2015.
Early life and education
Vandal holds an engineering degree from École polytechnique (Université de Montréal, 1982) and an MBA from HEC Montréal (Université de Montréal, 1995).
While at Hydro-Quebec, Vandal served as Vice President–Strategic Planning and Business Development (1996–2001), President of Hydro-Québec Production (2001–2005) and finally President and Chief Executive Officer of Hydro-Québec (2005–2015).
He is or was the board member of the following organizations:
- Société d’énergie de la Baie James and Hydro-Québec International (Chairman of the Board)
- BioFuelNet Canada (Chairman of the Board)
- HEC Montréal
- McGill University
- Royal Bank of Canada
Thierry Vandal is a member of the Board of Governors of Centraide.
2012 Canadian Energy Person of the Year award by the Canadian Energy Council 
- "Hydro-Quebec’s CEO Thierry Vandal to step down - Montreal | Globalnews.ca". globalnews.ca. Retrieved 2015-03-06.
- "Notes biographiques de Thierry Vandal". premier-ministre.gouv.qc.ca. Retrieved 2015-03-06.
- "Senior Management and the Board of Directors | Who Are We? | Hydro-québec". hydroquebec.com. Archived from the original on 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2015-03-06.
- "Board of Governors". centraide-mtl.org. Retrieved 2015-03-06.
- "Hydro Quebec CEO Named Energy Person of the Year by Energy Council of Canada". marketwired.com. Retrieved 2015-03-06.