|Developer(s)||Hancom, Inc. (formerly ThinkFree Inc.)|
|Stable release||4.0.1480 (November 22, 2010[±])|
|Preview release||N/A (N/A) [±]|
|Written in||Java, C++|
|Available in||English (AU/UK/US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Polish, Russian|
|License||Proprietary closed source|
Thinkfree Office product family include Thinkfree Online which is the first MS-compatible web-based online office in the world, ThinkFree Office includes a word processor (Hword), a spreadsheet (Cell), a presentation program (Show.)
The ThinkFree Office is owned by Hancom. While ThinkFree Office reads and writes Microsoft Office file formats (.doc, .xls, and .ppt) and has a look and feel similar to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Hancom Thinkfree Office also uses a different set of proprietary file formats.
ThinkFree Online is a web-based edition that runs Write, Calc, Show and Note in a browser using a mix of Java applet and Ajax technologies. It is free to use for a 30-day trial period, except for users in Australia and New Zealand, where only paid members of BigPond may use the service. A way around this is to click on the already have account button at the start page and then click sign up.
Each user is allotted 1 GB of online storage space for saving documents. ThinkFree Online lets users collaborate on documents with others, publish to a blog or the web. ThinkFree Online also keeps a version history per document of the changes that are made.
The Java applet version, or Power Edit mode, exists for all three applications, and appears to be an applet port of the original desktop versions written in Java. Ajax-based Quick Edit mode (offered for Write and Show only) can run without the need of starting up an applet. Also, ThinkFree Online supports a synchronization manager utility to keep documents on the desktop, online and mobile workspaces automatically updated.
ThinkFree Docs is an online community of publishers who share a variety of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. It is intended to work in conjunction with ThinkFree.
ThinkFree Mobile is a version of ThinkFree office available for the Android platform and bundled with some phones.
ThinkFree Mobile features view, edit and create functions for text and spreadsheet documents, and slideshow presentations, and PDF file viewer. High compatibility and its relatively low cost named itself "the best overall value."
- List of office suites
- List of word processors
- List of online spreadsheets
- Online office suite
- Office Open XML software
- Formula editor
- Collaborative real-time editor
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-11. Retrieved 2013-05-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2012-09-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- *Comer, Stuart. "ThinkFree? Think again: it's now a BigPond exclusive" Archived 2008-01-18 at the Wayback Machine, iT Wire, November 5, 2007.
- *Walsh, Des. "ThinkFree Not So Free for Aussies and Kiwis", Thinking Home Business, December 9, 2007.
- http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/030512-office-suites-android-256855.html?page=3[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2013-05-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)