Think About Me
|"Think About Me"|
|Single by Fleetwood Mac|
|from the album ''Tusk"|
|B-side||"Save Me a Place"|
|Fleetwood Mac singles chronology|
"Think About Me" is a song by British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac, released in March 1980. The song was composed by Fleetwood Mac keyboardist Christine McVie.
Canadian indie rock band The New Pornographers recorded a cover version of the song for the 2012 compilation album A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac. The version features backward-sounding guitars and Carl Newman on lead vocals.
In 1979, Ed Harrison of Billboard called the song "a more rocking, guitar punctuated tune backed with superb harmonies" and complimented McVie's songwriting. Steve Morse of The Boston Globe gave the single a positive review, calling "predictably bouncy".
In 2003, Rob Brunner of Entertainment Weekly gave the album a positive review, noting that it was a "must" and "fascinating mess, full of enough good songs", "Think About Me" included.
In 2010, Alfred Soto of PopMatters described the song as "the unlikeliest of things: a McVie rocker." Soto called it "a near-perfect punk number that snuck in below the radar" and that it was "anchored by her electric piano, (Lindsey) Buckingham's fuzzed-up 'Day Tripper'-esque riff," and "the most sarcastic lyrics of McVie's career," referring to the couplet, “I don’t hold you down/Maybe that’s why you’re around.”
- Lindsey Buckingham - guitars, backing vocals
- Christine McVie - lead vocals, keyboards
- Stevie Nicks - backing vocals
- John McVie - bass guitar
- Mick Fleetwood - drums
|Canadian Singles Chart (RPM)||24|
|US Billboard Hot 100||20|
- "'Think About Me' - Fleetwood Mac - Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "RPM 100 Singles". RPM (RPM Music Publications Ltd.) 33 (9). May 24, 1980. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- Bogdanov, Vladimir; Woodstra, Chris; Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (2002). All Music Guide to Rock: The Definitive Guide to Rock, Pop, and Soul. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 414. ISBN 087930653X. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- Adams, Gregory (June 19, 2012). "The New Pornographers - 'Think About Me' (Fleetwood Mac cover)". Exclaim!. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- Harrison, Ed. Closeup, October 27, 1979, Billboard, p. 90
- Morse, Steve. "'Tusk' rates a hat's off", October 15, 1979, p. 27
- Soto, Alfred (March 9, 2010). "Christine McVie's Warm Ways". PopMatters. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "Fleetwood Mac – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Fleetwood Mac. Retrieved December 23, 2012.