Thinking in Java
Thinking in Java (ISBN 978-0131872486) is a book about the Java programming language, written by Bruce Eckel and first published in 1998. Prentice Hall published the 4th edition of the work in 2006. The book represents a print version of Eckel’s “Hands-on Java” seminar.
Bruce Eckel wrote “On Java8” as a sequel for Thinking in Java and it is available in Google Play as an ebook.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)
Eckel has made various versions of the book publicly available online.
- Tech Republic says:
- "The particularly cool thing about Thinking in Java is that even though a large amount of information is covered at a rapid pace, it is somehow all easily absorbed and understood. This is a testament to both Eckel’s obvious mastery of the subject and his skilled writing style."
Thinking in Java has won multiple awards from professional journals:
- 1998 Java Developers Journal Editors Choice Award for Best Book 
- Jolt Productivity Award, 1999
- 2000 JavaWorld Readers Choice Award for Best Book
- 2001 JavaWorld Editors Choice Award for Best Book 
- 2003 Software Development Magazine Jolt Award for Best Book 
- 2003 Java Developers Journal Readers Choice Award for Best Book 
- 2007 Java Developer’s Journal Readers’ Choice Best Book
- Books & Book Support
- Amazon - Thinking In Java
- 9th Annual Jolt and Productivity Awards, Dr. Dobbs Journal, 1999
- Powells' Books - Thinking in Java
- SYS-CON Media Announces the 2007 Java Developer's Journal Readers' Choice Awards
|This article about a computer book or series of books is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|