Thinking in Java
Thinking in Java (ISBN 978-0131872486) is a book about the Java programming language, written by Bruce Eckel and first published in 1998. Prentice Hall published the 4th edition of the work in 2006. The book represents a print version of Eckel’s “Hands-on Java” seminar.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)
Eckel has made various versions of the book publicly available online.
- Tech Republic says:
- "The particularly cool thing about Thinking in Java is that even though a large amount of information is covered at a rapid pace, it is somehow all easily absorbed and understood. This is a testament to both Eckel’s obvious mastery of the subject and his skilled writing style."
Thinking in Java has won multiple awards from professional journals:
- 1998 Java Developers Journal Editors Choice Award for Best Book 
- Jolt Productivity Award, 1999
- 2000 JavaWorld Readers Choice Award for Best Book
- 2001 JavaWorld Editors Choice Award for Best Book 
- 2003 Software Development Magazine Jolt Award for Best Book 
- 2003 Java Developers Journal Readers Choice Award for Best Book 
- 2007 Java Developer’s Journal Readers’ Choice Best Book
- Books & Book Support
- Amazon - Thinking In Java
- 9th Annual Jolt and Productivity Awards, Dr. Dobbs Journal, 1999
- Powells' Books - Thinking in Java
- SYS-CON Media Announces the 2007 Java Developer's Journal Readers' Choice Awards
|This article about a computer book or series of books is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|