Third-party inspection company
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A third-party inspection agency (TPIA or TPI) is a business organization, complying with the ISO 17020 standard. Third-party inspection or "Category A" is the most stringent of the 3 categories of inspection organization that the standard specifies. Such organizations are third party inspection agencies that must not be involved in any activities other than inspection and testing. Based on this requirement the third party inspection agency must not be involved in design, procurement, fabrication, construction and installation. All companies and parties such as buyers, sellers, engineering companies, plant owners must have access to these agencies and use their services. The confidentiality, independence, impartiality and integrity are important conditions for being a Third Party Inspection agency.
Four types of quality inspection
1. A pre-production inspection tells the buyer which kind of raw materials (or components) will be used. Factories are often suspected of lowering their costs by purchasing substandard materials, and this can be disastrous for the buyer (e.g. the wrong kind of chip in an electronic device).
2. A during production inspection (often called “DUPRO” in the industry) allows the buyer to have an idea of average product quality, early in the production cycle. It is the most useful and the most under-rated tool at the disposal of importers, who often only rely on final inspections.
3. The final random inspection (also called “pre-shipment inspection”) is by far the most common type of QC check. It takes place once 100% of shipment quantity is finished and at least 80% is packed, so it can be a real random inspection (this is not exactly the case if quality is checked earlier) and suppliers cannot play games.
4. The container loading inspection, like the pre-production inspection, it is seldom used. But it can be a worthwhile option in some specific cases.
Examples of third-party inspection organization
- Cardno PPI- offers Third Party Inspection services and surveillance services https://www.cardno.com/cardno-ppi/welcome-to-cardno-ppi/. Missing or empty
|title=(help) | title= Engineering, Consulting & Cardno QA Reporter award-winning software| Learn about Cardno’s services.
- IRCLASS - ISSPL (IRClass systems and solutions Private Limited) - Industrial services
- Lloyd's Register and others
- TUV INDIA PVT LTD (TUV NORD GROUP)
- RITES LTD
- "Third Party Inspection. Retrieved on 02-18-2013". Inspection-for-industry.com. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- "Why do I need a Pre purchase Inspection". Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- "4 types of quality inspection. Retrieved on 01-20-2015". china-qualityinspection.com. Retrieved Jan 20, 2015.