Third Interchange Contour
|Third Interchange Contour|
Geographic map showing the approximate path of the Third Interchange Contour (in turquoise) and its connections to existing lines
(incl. 3 of Kakhovskaya Line)
|Line length||58.3 kilometres (36.2 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,520 mm (4 ft 11 27⁄32 in)|
The Third Interchange Contour (Russian: Третий пересадочный контур, Trety peresadochny kontur, IPA: [ˈtrʲetʲɪj pʲɪrʲɪˈsadətɕnɨj ˈkontʊr]) (Line 11) is a rapid transit line of Moscow Metro under construction. It is planned to be a second circle line running outside of the existing Koltsevaya (Ring) Line, with a branch to Moscow-City.
The existing, short, three-station Kakhovskaya Line will be incorporated into the Third Interchange Contour. Besides this, the first new stations were expected to be opened by December 2015. However, as of November 2015, 2018 is being reported as a more likely for the completion of the whole project. The five stations from Petrovsky Park to Delovoy Tsentr were scheduled to open first, in 2016.
Continuing the ring
In 2017, the Northeastern section is scheduled to be completed. This section includes the part of the line from Nizhnyaya Maslovka to Aviamotornaya. The Third Interchange Contour will run from Aviamotornaya to Nizhegorodskaya Ulitsa along the same routing as the Kozhukhovskaya Line, which is also scheduled to open in 2017.
By 2017, the Eastern section from Nizhegorodskaya Ulitsa to Kashirskaya is scheduled to be complete. This will connect the Third Interchange Contour to the present-day Kakhovskaya Line, the first part of the outer ring line to open in 1969.
Completing the ring
Old plans called for the rest of the Third Interchange Contour to be opened in November 2018. The remainder of the ring is split into two projects:
- Southwestern Section - from Kuntsevskaya to Prospekt Vernadskogo
- Southern Section - from Prospekt Vernadskogo to Kakhovskaya
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Third Interchange Contour.|
- Перспективы развития (in Russian). Moscow Metro. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- 30 километров тоннелей Второго кольца метро будут двухпутными (in Russian). Moscow Complex of City Planning Policies and Construction. 2014-08-21. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- Scheme Moscow Metro
- "New Metro Ring Line On Track for 2018 | Business". The Moscow Times. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Метро". stroi.mos.ru. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- Метро до «Нижней Масловки» дойдет в 2018 году