|Purpose||To bring safe drinking water to communities around the world|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, CA, U.S.|
|Brooke Jarrett and Kimberly Huynh|
The Thirst Project is a non-profit organization whose aim is to bring safe drinking water to communities around the world where it is not immediately available. The Thirst Project collects money and builds wells all across the continent of Africa where villages do not have immediate drinking water. Actors Drake Bell, Dylan O'Brien, Jennifer Lawrence and Chyler Leigh are supporters.
The Non-profit was founded in 2007 in Los Angeles, CA, by several college students who learned about the international water crisis and wanted to make a difference.
In 2012, the Thirst Project pledged to bring clean water to the entire nation of Swaziland by 2022, 10 years after their initial pledge. Thirst Project sent representatives to Swaziland to survey the costs of the project and determined that it would cost around $50 million to bring Swaziland water. While many non-profits have been making progress on solving the water crisis, no organization has focused efforts specifically in one country, with the goal of bringing an entire nation clean water. The Swaziland project will work as a case study about the positive effects of bringing clean water to a developing country, and will demonstrate benefits such as improved education and heightened development.
- Pennington, Gail. "ABC throws celebrities into deep end, hoping for belly flops". Stl Today. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Drake Bell For The Thirst Project". YouTube. Drake Bell. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "CalTV E: The Thirst Project presents Drake Bell". YouTube. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- Broderick, Beth. "When Tweets Attack! Justin Bieber Fans Wage an All Out Assault on an Innocent and Unsuspecting Charity". Huffington Post. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- "Playing Doctor: A House Call From Chyler Leigh of Grey's Anatomy". Retrieved 3 June 2012.
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|