This article possibly contains original research. (June 2018)
Tunga Bridge with Lightings during Theppotsava
|• MLA||Araga Jnanendra|
|• Total||5.91 km2 (2.28 sq mi)|
|591 m (1,939 ft)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Thirthahalli is a panchayat town located in the Shimoga district of the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the bank of the river Tunga and is also the headquarters of the Thirthahalli Taluk of Shimoga district.
Thirthahalli is located at  It has an average elevation of 591 metres (1938 feet). The Tirthahalli Town Panchayat has population of 14,528 of which 7,093 are males while 7,435 are females as per report released by Census India 2011..
[[Majority of people do speak Kannada .There are sizeable number of Tulu speakers do exist in this region]]
- Kuvempu - Kannada author and poet, Jnanapeetha and Padma Vibhushan awardee
- Shantaveri Gopala Gowda - Socialist Leader and Politician.
- U. R. Ananthamurthy- Contemporary writer, Novelist and critic, Jnanapeetha and Padma Bhushan awardee.
- Kadidal Manjappa- Politician and former Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Justice. M Rama Jois - Advocate and Chief Justice, Former Governor of Jharkhand and Bihar
- M. K. Indira, Kannada Novelist.
- Poornachandra Tejaswi- writer, environmentalist and son of kuvempu.
- Girish Kasaravalli- Multiple award-winning Kannada Film Director, Padmashri awardee.
- Kimmane Rathnakar- Politician and former minister of Legislative assembly
- Araga Jnanendra- Politician and former chairman of Mysore Paper Mills.
- Diganth-Kannada film actor
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thirthahalli.|