This article possibly contains original research. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tunga Bridge with Lightings during Theppotsava
|• MLA||Araga Jnanendra|
|• Total||5.91 km2 (2.28 sq mi)|
|591 m (1,939 ft)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Thirthahalli is a panchayat town located in the Shivamoga District of the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the bank of the river Tunga and is also the headquarters of the Thirthahalli Taluk of Shimoga district. Nearest Railway stations are Anandpura (55 Km), Shivamogga (62 Km) and Bhadravathi (68 km). The nearest airport is at Mangalore (130 km).
- Shantaveri Gopala Gowda - Socialist Leader and Politician.
- U. R. Ananthamurthy- A contemporary writer and critic.
- Araga Jnanendra-A politician and former chairman of Mysore Paper Mills.
- Kimmane Rathnakar
- M. K. Indira, Kannada Novelist.
- Poornachandra Tejaswi-writer and son of kuvempu.
- Girish Kasaravalli, Kannada Film Director.
- Kadidal Manjappa, former Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Justice. M Rama Jois - Judge
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thirthahalli.|