Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
|• Type||Panchayati raj|
|• Body||Tiruchanur gram panchayat|
|• Total||6.85 km2 (2.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||17 m (56 ft)|
|• Density||3,400/km2 (8,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tiruchanur (also known as Alamelu Mangapuram) is a census town in Chittoor district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the mandal headquarters of Tirupati (rural) mandal. It forms a part of Tirupati urban agglomeration.:20 The town is a religious destination for Hindu pilgrims due to the presence of Padmavathi Temple.
It is originally called as AlaruMeluManga Puram as we see from Thousands of Inscriptions in and around Tirupathi, much later corrupted to Alamelu Mangapuram Hence, it got the name as Alamelu Mangapuram.
Alamelu mangapuram is located about 4 km from Tirupati central bus station and Tirupati Main. Tiruchanur provides rail connectivity and is one of the satellite railway station for Tirupati, which is under process of upgradation to a B category station.
- "Kolakaluru Village Panchayat". National Panchayat Portal. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "District Census Handbook – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 19,226. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Tiruchanur, India". fallingrain.com.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 451, 510. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Google book-Core of Karnatic Music, meaning of alamelu in Telugu".
- "Sixth platform works begin in Tirupati railway station". The Hans India. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Tiruchanur zooms into big league". The Hindu. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiruchanur.|