This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Town Panchayat|
|• Total||11 km2 (4 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,400/km2 (8,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Thiruninravur is a neighbourhood situated on the western part of Chennai (formerly known as Madras), India. It is a suburb west part of Chennai city . It is located around 29 km from Chennai Central Railway station. Thirunindravur comes under Chennai Metropolitan Area. The neighbourhood is served by Thiruninravur railway station. It is famous for its temples. The Tiruninravur lake serves the neighbourhood for its water needs.
The name 'Thirunindravur' comes from 'Thiru,' the name for the Hindu goddess Lakshmi and 'Nindra,' which refers to standing, and 'Vur,' which refers to a village or place. It is said that Lakshmi was travelling through the sky when she saw this beautiful village in which she stood and she wondered how beautiful this village, thus the place came to be known as Thiru-ninra-vur, the village where Lakshmi stood.One of the Developing Area. Here you live happily and safely.
As of 2011[update] India census, Thirunindravur had a population of 37,095. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Thirunindravur has an average literacy rate of 91%, higher than the national average of 74%: male literacy is 95%, and female literacy is 88.6%. In Thirunindravur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
As of 2001[update] India census, Thirunindravur had a population of 29,395. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Thirunindravur has an average literacy rate of 81%, higher than the national average of 60.5%: male literacy is 86%, and female literacy is 77%. In Thirunindravur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Thirunindravur is famous for Hridayaleeswarar Temple and Bakthavatsala Perumal Temple is one of the 108 Divyadesams. Hridayaleeswarar Temple Pusalar Nayanar constructed the temple in his heart that design is physically constructed by Mahindra Pallava 1500 years ago by the order of Lord Shiva. Both the temples were built in Pallava era. Many devotees from in and around Chennai, Tiruvallur and Poonamallee regularly visiting these temples. We can find good rush in Bakthavatsala Perumal Temple on Vaikunta Ekadasi and Hridayaleeswarar Temple during Prathosham days. Both the temples are historic, and are well maintained. Thiruninravur is famous for Sri Ayyappa Swamy temple. Partner home.
Thirunindravur is also a central hub for all neighbouring villages and towns within a vicinity of 10 km radius on all sides. Residents of Sivanvoyal, Aranvoyal, Pakkam, Palavedu, Thottikalai, Karlapakkam, vengal etc. need to alight at Thirunindravur (junction) to access other places.
The Outer Ring Road (under construction) which is being laid in order to connect Vandalur to Ennore is being routed via Thiruninravur, from Poonamallee, Pattabiram-Nemilichery among other places. The present National Highway - NH205 passes through Thiruninravur and also referred to as MTH road or CTH road. The phase I from vandalur to nemelicherry (thiruninravur) has been completed and is available to the public .
The Tamil Nadu Highways department issued a GO  on October 4, 2013 to extending the entire Chennai - Tirutani highway to 6 lanes at a cost of 168 Cr. The first phase will involve extending the road to 4 lanes - 100 ft with center median and encroachments have already started to be removed. Residents and Resident welfare associations cheer this people friendly move by the Chief Minister and sincerely thank her for her leadership.
A new flyover was constructed across the railway line. This provides an easy way of travel to reach Poonamalle via Thirumazhisai, Redhills via Periyapalayam, Tiruttani via Tiruvallur and so on.
Thirunindravur has several schools and colleges which attract many students from the city. The most reputed ones are the Jaya Group of Colleges which offer Higher Secondary education, Polytechnic, Graduate and Engineering courses.
- Oxford matriculation higher secondary school
- Oxford Public School
- Grace Park Convent Mat. Hr. Sec. School, Babuji Nagar, Thiruninravur
- Angel Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Dasar's Higher Secondary School
- Amutha Matriculation School
- Jaya Schools and Colleges
- St. Claret Higher Secondary School
- St. John's Higher Secondary School
- Thiruninravur Government School
- Vivekananda Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School
- Sriram Vidya Mandir CBSE School
- LITTLE FLOWERS NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL,KRISHNAPURAM,THIRUNINRAVUR.
- DRBCCC Hindu College Pattabiram
- Jaya polytechnic college
- Jaya arts and science college
- Jaya college of para medical
- Jaya teacher training college
- Sriram polytechnic college
- K.G.SUDHARSAN, Chartered Accountant
- HAP Architects and Interior Designers
- K.SHANMUGAM, legal practitioner.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thiruninravur.|
- [dead link]
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- [dead link]
- Reporter, Staff (2013-10-05). "Encroachments along CTH Road removed". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-01-29.