Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa
|Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa|
|Directed by||Rama Narayanan|
|Produced by||N. Radha|
|Written by||Rama Narayanan|
|Music by||S. A. Rajkumar|
|Cinematography||N. K. Viswanathan|
Sri Thenandal Films
Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa is a 1999 Indian Tamil-language comedy film directed by Rama Narayanan. The film features Prabhu, S. Ve. Shekher, Vadivelu, Roja, Urvashi and Kovai Sarala in lead roles. The film, produced by N. Radha, had musical score by S. A. Rajkumar and was released on 4 December 1999. The film was Rama Narayanan's 100th film and was a hit at the box office.The film was remade in Telugu as Tirumala Tirupati Venkatesa starring with Srikanth, Roja,Ravi Teja,Maheswari,Brahmanandam and Kovai Sarala in lead roles
Thirupathi (Vadivelu), Ezhumalai (S. Ve. Shekher) and Venkatesa (Prabhu) are poor friends who want to become rich at any cost. Nachiappan (Venniradai Moorthy), a bungalow watchman, has three daughters : Lalitha (Kovai Sarala), Padmini (Urvashi) and Ragini (Roja). When the owner left the bungalow on vacation, Nachiappan's daughters move into the bungalow. Afterwards, Nachiappan rents his owner's top portion bungalow to Thirupathi, Ezhumalai and Venkatesa who lied about their job. The three men eventually marry the three women. The rest of the story is how the three men will manage their wives.
- Prabhu as Venkatesa
- S. Ve. Shekher as Ezhumalai
- Vadivelu as Thirupathi
- Roja as Ragini
- Urvashi as Padmini
- Kovai Sarala as Lalitha
- Venniradai Moorthy as Nachiappan
- Master Mahendran as Udayappa
- P. R. Varalakshmi as Alamelu
- Oru Viral Krishna Rao
- Vivek in a guest appearance
- Chandrasekhar in a guest appearance
- R. Sundarrajan in a guest appearance
|Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||S. A. Rajkumar|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer S. A. Rajkumar. The soundtrack, released in 1999, features 4 tracks with lyrics written by Vairamuthu, Pazhani Bharathi, Kalaikumar and Rama Narayanan.
|1||'Aasai Aasai'||P. Unni Krishnan||Rama Narayanan||3:50|
|2||'Kadhalukku Thoothu Chollu'||Sujatha Mohan, Supraja, P. M. Amruda||Vairamuthu||4:13|
|3||'Nilavoda Thankatchi'||Mano, Anuradha Sriram||Kalaikumar||4:36|
|4||'Tirupathi Elumalai Venkatesa'||Mano, S. N. Surendar, Vadivelu||Pazhani Bharathi||4:20|
The film received mixed to positive reviews from critics.
Balaji Balasubramaniam of bbthots.com wrote, "Even though Prabhu and Roja get first billing in the credits, its Vadivelu and Sarala who have maximum screen time. Consequently, they figure in the funniest scenes of the movie. Their experience when Vadivelu goes to fill the role of an actor and Sarala fulfilling Vedivelu's mother's vows are the comic highlights of the movie. 'Venniradai' Moorthy has several funny lines and his delivery and timing are good too. S.V.Sekhar, rarely seen in movies, makes us laugh purely because of his dialogue delivery. Prabhu and Roja have the weakest portions of the movie, both with respect to comedy and his plan for correcting her. His scenes with Alphonso(with a song too) are boring and in the end, achieve nothing. Songs are uninteresting and their picturisation is unimaginative."
The film was remade in Telugu as Tirumala Tirupati Venkatesa directed by E. Sattibabu with Meka Srikanth, Ravi Teja, Brahmanandam, Maheswari while Roja and Kovai Sarala reprised their roles. The film was also remade in Kannada as Yaarige Beda Duddu with Shivaram, Abhijith and Tennis Krishna.
- "Filmography of thiruppadhi ezhumalai venkatesa". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- A. Swamy. "Prabhu: The comeback story". cinematoday2.itgo.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Tirupathi Elumalai Venkatesa Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Tirupathi Elimalai Venkatesa". hummaa.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Download Tirupathi Elumalai Venkatesa by S.A. Rajkumar on Nokia Music". music.ovi.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Fine social comedy". New Straits Times. 15 January 2000. p. 44.
- Balaji Balasubramaniam. "Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa - Movie Review". bbthots.com. Retrieved 10 June 2014.