Kamini batting for INDIA.
|Full name||Thirush Kamini|
30 July 1990 |
[Chennai], [Tamil Nadu], India
|Batting style||Left-hand bat|
|Bowling style||Right-arm Legbreak|
|Test debut||13 August 2014 v England|
|Last Test||16 November 2014 v South Africa|
|ODI debut (cap 6)||7 March 2009 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI||10 February 2016 v Ireland|
|ODI shirt no.||16|
|Domestic team information|
|2000/01/-2014/15||[Tamil Nadu Women]|
|2015/16-present||[Railways Women cricket team|
Thirushkamini started playing at the age of six when her father found her interest in cricket and is being coached by him ever since. She went on to represent Under 16 Tamil Nadu state at the age of 8 and represented Senior state at the age of 10. When she was 15 she represented Under 21 India that toured Pakistan and won Woman of the Match. She went on to represent INDIA at the age of 16 and won the Woman of the Series in her debut tournament. In 2007 won the Allan Border Gavaskar scholarship and got the opportunity to train at the Centre of Excellence, Brisbane, Australia. Thirushkamini is the only woman cricketer to have won BCCI PLAYER OF THE YEARon three occasions (2007-2008 Junior Player of the Year, 2009-2010 Senior Player of the Year, 2012-2013 Senior Player of the Year). She has scored a century against West Indies in Women's World Cup 2013. Thirushkamini overtook Mithali Raj's record for the highest run in a World Cup game by scoring a 100 from 146 balls in the first match of ICC Women's World Cup 2013 and became the first Indian Women to score a Century in World Cup. In 2014 Kamini scored 192 of 430 balls in the test match against South Africa which is the second best score by an Indian women and the highest score by an Indian opener. She recently scored her career best unbeaten 113 of 194 balls against Ireland Women at the ICC Women World Cup Qualifiers 2017 at Colombo, Sri Lanka and became the first Indian Women to score a century in the Qualifiers as well. She is currently a contracted BCCI Grade A player.
- BCCI Junior Player of the Year 2007-2008
- BCCI Senior Player of the Year 2009-2010
- BCCI Senior Player of the Year 2012-2013
- Indian women
- India Blue
- India Red
- India Under 21
- Indian Railways
- Tamil Nadu
- "Thirush Kamini player profile". Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Kamini 192 and Kaur's nine flay South Africa.", cricinfo, India v South Africa, only Women's Test, Mysore. Retrieved on 19 November 2005.
- "Thirush Kamini becomes first Indian woman to hit century in World Cup", "[cricketcountry-staff,]", India v West Indies, Brabourne Stadium. Retrieved on 31 January 2013.
- "Women's World Cup Qualifier: Thirush Kamini's ton takes India to Super Six", ["Oneindia",], Colombo. Retrieved on 11 February 2017.
- "Thirush Kamini gets 2nd highest Test score for India Women", ["cricketcountry-staff",]. Retrieved on 17 November 2014.
- "Thirush Kamini, Deepti Sharma power Indian women to ODI series win over New Zealand", ["ZeeNewsSports",]. Retrieved on 8 July 2015.
|This biographical article related to an Indian cricket person born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|