Thiruvananthapuram City Police Mobile App
Screenshot of TCP app, iSafe
|Website||On Google Play Store|
Thiruvananthapuram City Police Mobile App , also known as TCP app, or UR Safe(TM) (previously known as iSafe), is the official mobile application for the citizens and public by the Thiruvananthapuram City Police in Kerala, India. The mobile application is developed by UST Global, a digital technology services company. The ‘UR Safe’ feature of the app helps people, especially women, to send instant alerts to the police control room by using the Panic Button or by a long press of volume rocker (down) key of their mobile phones  and police to arrive at the location.
The UR Safe feature of the TCP application empowers the elderly and the vulnerable, especially women, to get quick help from the Trivandrum police just by a long press of the volume rocker (down) key of their mobile phones. The police control room receives the alert along with information of the location, the subscriber ID and the IMEI number of the mobile. The police then immediately dispatches help via the police CRV (Control Room Vehicle) that is nearest to the distress location. Once iSafe sends an alert to the control room, its position can be tracked until the situation is resolved. The position of the caller is visible to the police at the control room and also on tablets that the police force carries.
The app is currently available for Android phones and will soon be available on other platforms. It is being used by thousands of users in Thiruvananthapuram, including women and senior citizens. According to Thiruvananthapuram’s DIG and Commissioner of Police H Venkatesh, the app has helped the police to reduce response time to emergencies. UST Global is working on providing the app to other state police forces. The app can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
The UR Safe feature of the Thiruvananthapuram City Police Mobile App was launched by Ramesh Chennithala, Minister for Home & Vigilance, Government of Kerala on 6 March 2015, ahead of the International Women’s Day (on 8 March), in the presence of Venkatesh H, IPS, DIG & Commissioner of Police, Thiruvananthapuram. The launch was done jointly with the Thiruvananthapuram City Police and UST Global.
The app won the award for "Best Use of Mobile Technology" at the Elets Knowledge Exchange Awards 2015,Goa. The app was awarded in the governance category at the ceremony co-hosted by Elets Technomedia and the Information Technology Department, Government of Goa. It was recognized for improving overall police governance and public safety by empowering citizens using digital technology.
The app also won the mBillionth South Asia 2015 award in the m-Woman & Children category.
- "App for Women's Safety". The New Indian Express. 7 March 2015.
- "UST Global launches app on women's safety". Business Standard. IANS. 6 March 2015.
- M S Vidyanandan (30 March 2015). "'iSafe' App Promotion Campaign on Cards". The New Indian Express.
- Jasmine Kohli (21 August 2015). "How Thiruvananthapuram City Police is leveraging mobility to ensure citizen safety". Dataquest.
- "iSafe App for Women Safety (Malayalam)". Mathrubhumi. 6 March 2015. p. 1.
- "UST Global launches app on women's safety". Chicago Chronicle. 7 March 2015.
- "City Police with "iSafe" Mobile app for Women's safety (Malayalam)". Deshabhimani. 6 March 2015.
- "UST Global's mobile app for women's safety". The Hindu Business Line. 6 March 2015.
- Rejith Balakrishnan (3 January 2015). "City police to launch women's safety app". The Times of India.
- "Women's Safety App Launched by UST Global". NDTV Gadgets. 7 March 2015.
- "UST Global's 'iSafe' wins 'Best Use of Mobile Technology' at Elets Knowledge Exchange Awards". The Financial Express. ANI. 25 May 2015.
- "iSafe app for Women's safety (Malayalam)". Kerala Kaumudi. 6 March 2015.
- "iSafe app for Women's safety (Malayalam)". Madhyamam. 6 March 2015.
- "UST Global launches app on women's safety". UCAN India.
- "UST Global's 'iSafe' wins 'Best Use of Mobile Technology' at Elets Knowledge Exchange Awards". Business Standard. 25 May 2015.
- "mBillionth Award South Asia Winners 2015". mbillionth.in.