|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
Thiruverumbur (also spelt as Thiruverambur) is a suburb of city of Tiruchirapalli (Trichy or Tiruchi) present in Tiruchirapalli district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.It comes under the Trichy Corporation
As of 2001[update] India census, Thiruverumbur had a population of 16,835. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Thiruverumbur has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 72%. In Thiruverumbur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. Thiruverumbur acquired the municipality status during the later 1900s and now Tiruchirapalli City include this town into Tiruchirappalli Municipal Corporation.
The name of Thiruverumbur is derived from the Lord Thiru Erumbeeswarar whose temple is situated atop a hill near Thiruverumbur.
- Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd., one of India's major public-sector undertakings (companies in which the central or state governments have a stake).
- Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli (OFT) of the Ordnance Factories Board is a production organization run by the Government of India, which produces arms, ammunition, and equipment for the Indian Armed Focres and Police Forces.
- Heavy Alloy Penetrator Project (HAPP) of the Ordnance Factories Board.
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu state.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium – Kailasapuram
- Erumbeeswarar Temple, Malaikkovil.
- Deer Park – Kailasapuram.
- National Institute of Technology,Tiruchirappalli
- Government ITI College, Thiruverumbur
Bus:- Thiruvermbur is an important bus stop on Trichy - Tanjore National Highway NH 67. Express Buses between Trichy and Tanjore , Kumbakonam , Mayiladuthurai ,etc. stop here. Thiruverumbur is also a terminus and important stop for city buses in Trichy.
Train:- Thiruvermbur has a railway station, which is located on the Trichy - Tanjore railway line. Passenger trains via this Trichy-Tanjore route halt here. The express train which currently halts at this station is the Mysore-Mayiladuthurai Express. In the Railway Budget 2012, it has been proposed to upgrade the Thiruverumbur station to an Adarsh Station. Tiruverambur station is a major railway station on the main line and is frequented by a large number of office goers, industrial workers employed in BHEL, its ancillary units, industrial units at SIDCO industrial estate, fabrication units, other small scale units in Ariyamangalam and also by the students of educational institutions. Understanding its importance, the railways had already completed various development works, including construction of shelter in platforms in the Tiruverambur station, foot overbridge, drinking water facility.    Air:- The nearest airport is Tiruchirapalli International airport.For both International and Domestic purposes.
Schools and colleges
- Government ITI College, Thiruverumbur, Trichy - 13.
- Mukkulathor higher secondary school, Thiruverumbur Bus stand, Trichy - 13.
- Boiler Plant Middle School, Ganesa Bus Stop, Trichy - 14.
- Boiler Plant Boys Higher Secondary School, Kailasapuram, Trichy - 14.
- Boiler Plant Girls Higher Secondary School, Kailasapuram, Trichy - 14.
- R. S. Krishnan Higher Secondary School, Kailasapuram, Trichy - 14.
- BHEL Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Kailasapuram, Trichy -14.
- National Institue of Technology,Thiruverumbur, Trichy - 14.
The town has an UNIT RTO office with code: TN-81Z under TIRUCHY(EAST) RTO
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thiruverumbur.|
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Syed Muthahar Saqaf (22 March 2012). "Tiruverambur, Ariyalur stations to become Adarsh stations". The Hindu, Tiruchirapalli. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-11.