This Book Loves You
Cover of the English version of the book
|Published||October 20, 2015|
|Publisher||Razorbill (Penguin Group)|
This Book Loves You is a book by the Swedish Youtuber PewDiePie, released on 20 October 2015 by Penguin Group under their Razorbill imprint. It is a parody of self-help books, and includes various aphorisms and wisdom/jokes, paired with visuals. The book is available both as a paperback edition and an e-book.
The paperback edition contains around 250 illustrated pages with parody quotes, and was described as being a coffee-table styled book. The book was made available in numerous languages other than English, including Swedish, French and German.
PewDiePie has stated that the original idea for writing the book was given by his fans on Twitter. PewDiePie had posted a parody of an inspirational quote on social media, to which his fans reacted by restating his words with the use of funny images. In response, PewDiePie told that he wanted to do "something more with the idea", continuing with "and that’s where it all began". He further stated that the book would be a great chance to reach his audience "in a new way."
This Book Loves You became a New York Times Bestseller and remained #1 on the list for two weeks in the Young Adult Paperback category. Commonsensemedia rated the book at three stars, writing "The smart-alecky, tongue-in-cheek advice one-liners and their colorful illustrations are sure to appeal to PewDiePie's millions of followers." The book has sold over 112,000 copies as of January 2017.
- "PewDiePie is getting a reality series on YouTube's new ad-free subscription service". Polygon. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- "Can YouTube stars save publishing?". latimes.com. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- This Book Loves You. Razorbill. 2015-10-20. ISBN 9781101999042.
- "PewDiePie Wrote A Book To Shoot Down All Your Favorite Inspirational Quotes". MTV News. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- "Pewdiepies bok! | Adlibris". 2016-09-02. Archived from the original on 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2017-03-08.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Pie, Pew Die; Appelius, Paola (2015-10-28). Ce livre vous aime. Vanves: Hachette Pratique. ISBN 9782011461308.
- PewDiePie. Dieses Buch liebt dich (in German). Translated by Portner, Mara (2 ed.). Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag. ISBN 9783499631559.
- Dredge, Stuart (2015-06-11). "YouTube star PewDiePie strikes publishing deal for This Book Loves You". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-01-25.
- "Young Adult Paperback". The New York Times. November 15, 2015. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- "This Book Loves You - Book Review". Commonsensemedia. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "PewDiePie accused of racial slur in YouTube video". Retrieved 2017-01-22.