This is my song (1934 song)
|"This is my song"|
|Text||Lloyd Stone and Georgia Harkness|
|Based on||Matthew 6:9-13|
|Melody||"Finlandia" by Jean Sibelius|
"A Song of Peace: A Patriotic Song", also known by its incipit, "This is my song", is a poem written by Lloyd Stone (1912–1993). Lloyd Stone's words were set to the Finlandia hymn melody composed by Jean Sibelius in an a cappella arrangement by Ira B. Wilson that was published by the Lorenz Publishing Company in 1934.
Joan Baez has performed Finlandia at her concerts, with lyrics credited to her based on the text of This is my song by Lloyd Stone. She also featured Finlandia Hymn on her 2005 live album Bowery Songs and a live performance of the song by Baez also appeared on the album Mitä vapaus on, a compilation of protest songs by various artists, released by Amnesty.
- Daw Jr, Carl P. (25 May 2016). Glory to God: A Companion. Louisville, Kentucky: Westminster John Knox Press. pp. 344–5. ISBN 978-1-61164-652-8.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h4eLTiF-y8 A Song of Peace performed by the group Harmonious Combustion.
- A Song of Peace
- "Joan Baez - Finlandia". IDOL. 2008-12-01. Archived from the original on 2021-12-21.
Finlandia · Joan Baez Bowery Songs (Live) ℗ Joan Baez
- Mitä Vapaus On at Discogs
- Hawn, C. Michael. "History of Hymns: "This Is My Song"". Discipleship Ministries. Retrieved 2017-08-06.
- Performance of "This Is My Song" by the Boston Children's Chorus from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in MP3 format
- Rehearsal copy
- Collection of various recordings of This is my song