This Is Your Night (song)
|"This Is Your Night"|
|Single by Amber|
|from the album This Is Your Night|
|Released||May 21, 1996|
|Format||CD single, CD maxi|
|Label||Tommy Boy Records|
|Writer(s)||Frank Berman, Christian Berman|
|Producer(s)||Frank Berman, Christian Berman|
|Amber singles chronology|
"This Is Your Night" is a song recorded by Dutch-German artist Amber. It was released in May 1996 as the lead single from the album of the same name. The song had great success in many countries, particularly in Australia, Lebanon, Belgium, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, and the United States where it charted in the top 40. It gained further prominence after appearing in the 1998 American comedy film, A Night at the Roxbury. In the United States pop charts, This Is Your Night wound up only being in the 1996 Year-end chart, although peaking just over number 25 in 1997.
The music video was directed by Jeff Kennedy and premiered in October 1996.
Charts and sales
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||14|
|Canada Dance (RPM)||10|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||16|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||40|
|US Billboard Hot 100||24|
|US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||10|
|US Billboard Mainstream Top 40||7|
|US Billboard Hot 100||82|
- In January 1996, a promotional version of this track was released to select Rhythmic Top 40 / dance radio stations in New York and Chicago. This version, similar in style to that of Real McCoy's "Run Away," received minimal airplay before being replaced entirely with the now known "Original Edit," and was never released on any album or single.
- "Australian-charts.com – Amber – This Is Your Night". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ultratop.be – Amber – This Is Your Night" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- Canada dance peak
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Amber search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – Amber – This Is Your Night". Top 40 Singles.
- "Longbored Surfer - 1996". Retrieved 8 October 2014.