This Strange Effect
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"This Strange Effect"|
|Single by Dave Berry|
|Released||2 July 1965|
|Recorded||June 1965 at Decca Studios, West Hampstead, London|
|Label||Decca F12188 (UK)
London 45-9781 (USA)
|Dave Berry singles chronology|
"This Strange Effect" is a song written by Ray Davies of The Kinks, and released first by Dave Berry in July 1965. The single was released in the United States in September 1965. It reached No.1 in the Netherlands and Belgium, but peaked at No.37 on the UK Singles Chart.
A studio recording was never officially released by The Kinks, but live recordings exist. An in-studio BBC recording by the Kinks from August 1965 was released in 2001 on The Songs We Sang for Auntie - BBC Sessions 1964-1977.
|"This Strange Effect"|
|Single by Hooverphonic|
|from the album Blue Wonder Power Milk|
|Format||CD, 12" vinyl|
|Producer(s)||Hooverphonic, Mark Plati|
|Hooverphonic singles chronology|
Belgian band, Hooverphonic, covered the song in 1998 for their album, Blue Wonder Power Milk. Their version of "This Strange Effect" was released as a single and was featured in the American television advertisement for the Motorola SLVR.
Another cover was recorded in 2006 by Finnish band The Others, aka 22PP, for their album Monochromeset.
In 2009, Northern Irish pop punk/new wave band, The Undertones covered "This Strange Effect" for Onder Invloed, a project by Dutch journalist Matthijs van der Ven, which showcases various musicians from all over the world covering their favourite songs.
- Richie Unterberger. "This Strange Effect - Dave Berry | Song Info". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 55. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Richie Unterberger. "Stuff - Bill Wyman | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- William Ruhlmann (2006-03-28). "A Stone Alone: The Solo Anthology 1974-2001 - Bill Wyman | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- John Bush (1999-04-06). "Abductions and Reconstructions - Thievery Corporation | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- "Cradle to the Grave [Deluxe] - Squeeze | Release Info". AllMusic. 2015-09-21. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
|This 1960s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|