|Directed by||Ramesh Khanna|
|Story by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Edited by||K. Thanigachalam|
Sri Devi Movie Makers
|14 January 1999|
Thodarum (English: It will continue) is a 1999 Indian Tamil-language drama film directed by Ramesh Khanna, featuring Ajith Kumar, Devayani and Heera in the leading roles. The supporting cast of Manivannan, Vadivelu and Gemini Ganesan also play pivotal roles in the film. The film was a remake of Telugu film Maavichiguru, and was released in January 1999.
- Ajith Kumar as Jayaram
- Devayani as Seetha
- Heera as Meera
- Gemini Ganesan
- Sowcar Janaki
- Vadivelu as "Peon" Mani
- Delhi Ganesh
Actor Ramesh Khanna made his debut as a director with the film after working as an apprentice to K. S. Ravikumar. For his directorial debut, Ramesh Khanna chose to remake the Telugu film Maavichiguru (1996) starring Jagapati Babu and Aamani. The remake was initially titled as Maa Vilakku and was supposed to star Jayaram and Meena in lead roles, but went through cast changes. Jayaram's falling popularity meant that Ajith Kumar was signed to replace him, while the actor requested that a change of lead actress. The film was revived under new title Thodarum with new cast involving Ajith Kumar, Heera and Devayani.
The film received poor reviews upon release, with a critic from Indolink.com citing that the "cinematography and direction provide no room for discussion" and that "Devayani appears painfully artificial". The New Indian Express also gave the film a critical review citing that "the director tries hard to avoid small puddles of cliches, but unfortunately falls into an ocean instead" but claims that Devayani gives a "wonderfully controlled performance", while Heera and Ajith are just "adequate".
- Shockadikkum - Hariharan, Gopika Poornima
- Naanthaan - Gangai Amaran, Malaysia Vasudevan
- Oru Thulir - Unnikrishnan, Bhavatharini
- Yamma Yamma - S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Chithra
- Sernthu Vaazhum - Ilayaraja
- Kanavanukku - S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
- "Filmography of thodarum". Cinesouth.com. 1999-01-15. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "Cinema Plus / Columns : My first break". The Hindu. 2008-10-17. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "Thodarum: Movie Review". Indolink.com. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "Film Review - The New Indian Express". Cscsarchive.org:8081. 1999-04-25. Retrieved 2012-10-05.