From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tholos in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Τholos may refer to:
- Tholos (building), a circular structure, often a temple, of ancient Greece and ancient Rome, and in classical or neoclassical architecture
- Tholos (Ancient Rome), a structure found in the centre of the macellum
- Tholos (Athens), a building which housed the Prytaneion, or seat of government, in ancient Athens
- Tholos of Delphi, a circular building located approximately 800 metres from the main site of the ruined Temple of Apollo at Delphi
- Tholos (Epidaurus), a circular building with an ornate astronomical floor design
- Tholos (Washington DC), the highest part of the United States Capitol dome, on which the Statue of Freedom stands
- Other circular buildings, either predating ancient Greece or from different geographical areas
- Tholos, an alternative name of Theologos, Rhodes, a village in Greece
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tholos.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.