March 27, 1971
near Stuttgart, Germany
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg)|
Biography and career
According to his profile at Cazzo Film, a pornographic studio for which he has worked extensively, Barron made his debut appearance in a gay pornography film in 1995, and the first film to be released in which he appeared was Cazzo's Pralle Lederhosen, in 1997. However, First Kiss, a film released in 2001 by WAT Productions, is billed as Barron's "first hot man-to-man action". During his career, he has appeared in films produced by many different studios, including Cazzo Film, Falcon Entertainment, Titan Media, Hot House Entertainment, Channel 1 Releasing, and Studio 2000.
In an interview with the adult gay magazine Inches from February 1999, Barron states that he "came out" when he was 19 years old. An admitted exhibitionist, he says it is "a turn-on to be observed". Thinking he wasn't muscular enough to appear in American porn, he wrote to French Art, a leading European gay porn production company formed by noted director Jean-Daniel Cadinot, but never received a reply. Therefore his first films were simple projects made for low-budget studios. "They were films with titles like Boys Boys Boys #16...which says quite a lot about the quality of the productions,” he is quoted as saying
A versatile performer, Barron takes both top and bottom roles, and has also had roles where he does both at once — in a trainfuck — bottoming for one performer while topping another. For example, in Scene 2 of At Your Service, he tops Alex Collack while being topped by Robert Van Damme; he tops Enzo Grimaldi while Nick Piston tops him in Scene 5 of Butch Alley. Barron is also well known for outstanding performances in flip-flop scenes - i.e. with Tristan Paris in the Falcon film Fever.
Barron has received two GayVN Awards. In 2000, he won for the Falcon film Betrayed in the category Best Group Scene, along with Sebastian Gronoff, Kevin Miles, Carlos Morales and Kevin Williams. In 2001, a scene with Tuck Johnson from the MSR film Don't Ask, Don't Tell won for Best Oral Scene. Also, the Cazzo film Countdown (titled Thom Barron Calling outside the U.S.) won a Grabby Award for Best International Video in 2004.
A large number of people will know Barron through the images of German photographer Henning von Berg who has worked with him since 1991. In the summer of 1999, von Berg created quite a stir in Germany and around the globe when he photographed a group of completely naked men in the historic parliament Reichstag building and in front of nine other touristic landmarks of the old/new capital of Berlin. Barron was one of the six brave models. The images of the whimiscal "scandal shoot" were featured in newspapers worldwide. Later, a photographic series based on the shoot, Naked Berlin – The Liberal Capital, was presented in several high-profile gallery exhibitions in Canada, Europe, America and Australia.
Barron has lived in Zürich since 2001.
- "Eric's Raw Fuck Tapes 3"—Treasure Island Media 2011 Thom Barron Bareback Tops Faruk in the last scene of the movie
- Butch Alley — Hot House
- Don't Ask, Don't Tell — MSR
- Fever — Falcon
- Thom Barron Calling (Europe title) / Countdown (US title) — Cazzo
- Tourist Trade — Titan
- Zak Attack — Mustang
- Henning von Berg, Alpha Males, Bruno Gmuender Verlag, Berlin, 2007, ISBN 978-3-86187-468-3
- Kingdome 19 and Henning von Berg, Universal, Bruno Gmuender Verlag, Berlin, 2004, ISBN 3-86187-655-8 (Barron is on the cover)
- Dietmar Kreutzer, Männer Models Pur, Verlag Bauwesen, Berlin, 1999, ISBN 3-345-00732-0
- profile at www.cazzofilm.com
- Video synopsis at www.hisXpress.com, retrieved September 4, 2006.
- Video synopsis at www.tlavideo.com, retrieved September 4, 2006.
- At Your Service scene synopsis at www.hothouse.com
- Butch Alley scene synopsis at www.hothouse.com
- Betrayed synopsis TLAVideo.com. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Don't Ask Don't Tell synopsis TLAVideo.com. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Thom Barron Calling awards GayEroticVideoIndex. Retrieved 7 July 2009.