|Born||28 March 1982|
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
|Medium||Stand up, radio, television|
|Notable works and roles||The Penny Dreadfuls|
Thomas Tuck (born 28 March 1982) is a British actor and comedian known for being one third of comedy troupe The Penny Dreadfuls and as a stand-up comedian. He was nominated for the Best Newcomer award at the 2011 Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Tuck attended the American International School of Dhaka in Bangladesh and Cardinal Heenan Roman Catholic High School and Notre Dame Sixth Form College in Leeds. As a child, he also lived in Sri Lanka, Denmark, Egypt, Malawi, Zimbabwe and the Philippines. He studied philosophy at the University of Edinburgh and graduated with a 2:2. While at university, he performed with the Edinburgh University Theatre Company; acting in, writing and directing plays, including directing a piece written by playwright Sam Holcroft, and was a member of acclaimed improvisational comedy troupe The Improverts. It was with The Improverts that he first met and performed with fellow comedians Humphrey Ker and David Reed.
With The Penny Dreadfuls, Tuck debuted at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2006. The group created new sketch shows for the four years that follow. In addition they created a radio series for BBC Radio 4 called The Brothers Faversham, which aired in 2008. A sequel series aired that same year, and for most years that followed The Penny Dreadfuls have performed a historical comedy play.
In 2011 BBC Radio 4 commissioned Thom Tuck Goes Straight To DVD, a comedy show adapted from his Edinburgh show that year. The pilot aired in February 2012, and a full series of four episodes began to air in April 2013.
- West Side Story, winner of Herald Angel Award.
- Like Skinnydipping by Chris Perkin
- Scaramouche Jones by Justin Butcher
- Aeneas Faversham with The Penny Dreadfuls
- Geronimo by Lucy Kirkwood, winner of ThreeWeeks Editors' Award.
- Aeneas Faversham Forever with The Penny Dreadfuls
2009 National Tour
- Totally Looped
- Penny Dreadfuls 2010 with The Penny Dreadfuls
- Gutted: A Revenger's Musical by Danielle Ward & Martin White
- Thom Tuck Goes Straight-to-DVD
- Directed Bad Mother by Meryl O'Rourke
- Coalition written by Robert Khan and Tom Salinsky
- Brexit written by Robert Khan and Tom Salinsky
- PBJ Management
- List of Best Newcomer Nominees
- Interview with Thom Tuck Archived 22 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- "Edinburgh University Theatre Company | Built of Strange Bricks". Archived from the original on 24 December 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- "The Improverts - Edinburgh Fringe 2010 - British Comedy Guide". British Comedy Guide.
- "Edinburgh University Theatre Company | Thom Tuck". Archived from the original on 24 December 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- "Our Edinburgh: The Penny Dreadfuls". independent.co.uk. 26 August 2010. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022.
- BBC Press Release
- New Red Lion Theatre Archived 12 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Archived at Ghostarchive and the Wayback Machine: Peggle 2 Credits. YouTube.
- Award Citations 2006
- Award Citations 2007