Thomas A. Edison High School (Fairfax County, Virginia)
|Thomas Alva Edison High School|
|5801 Franconia Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22310
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||"As eagles we soar"|
|School district||Fairfax County Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Red, white, and navy blue ███|
|Athletics conference||National District
|Rivals||Mount Vernon High School, Hayfield Secondary School|
|Feeder schools||Mark Twain Middle School|
Presented below are the demographics for Thomas Edison during the 2015-16 school year: 
|Gender||Edison Percentage||FCPS High School Average|
|Ethnicity||Edison Percentage||FCPS High School Average|
|American Indian / Alaska Native||0.2%||0.3%|
|Black/ African American||21.4%||10.3%|
|Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander||0.1%||0.1%|
|Two or More Races||4.2%||4.7%|
The Edison Academy acts as a school within a school. Upperclassmen can enroll in Academy courses to gain knowledge and skills in specific careers they want to seek after graduation. Courses offered range from cosmetology to automobile maintenance. Some programs offer students technical certification and job placement upon graduation. Edison is one of the few schools in Fairfax County to offer these programs.
Edison offers the International Baccalaureate program for its advanced students. The IB program offers high school students the ability to take college level courses. Specifically with a more global perspective. Edison uses the IB program for the majority of its advanced courses, in lieu of Advanced Placement or Honors courses. Edison is one of the few schools in Fairfax County to offer this program.
- Cross Country (CoEd)
- Field Hockey
- Golf (CoEd)
- Basketball (Boys and Girls)
- Swim & Dive (CoEd)
- Indoor Track & Field (CoEd)
- Lacrosse (Boys and Girls)
- Soccer (Boys and Girls)
- Outdoor Track & Field (CoEd)
- Eric Barton, NFL Linebacker
- Charlie Hales, Mayor of Portland, Oregon
- Andy Najar, soccer player for Belgian Pro League side R.S.C. Anderlecht
- Pat Toomay, 1966. Played college football at Vanderbilt University and played NFL with Dallas Cowboys.
- "Fact Sheet - 5801 Franconia Road, Alexandria, Virginia 22310." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on July 15, 2010.
- "2015-16 Ethnicity, Gender, and Race Report" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- "Thomas Edison High School". Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- Pein, Corey (April 11, 2012). "The Road to Hales: Charlie Hales is running for mayor based on his record. It's full of detours, roundabouts and switchbacks". Willamette Week. Portland, Oregon. Retrieved November 25, 2012.