Tom Bilyeu, 2017
|Born||Tacoma, Washington, U.S.|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
Co-Founder/CEO Impact Theory |
Co-Founder Quest Nutrition
Host, Inside Quest
Host, Impact Theory
|Known for||Entrepreneurship, Keynote Speaking, Mindset|
|Net worth||$400 million|
Thomas Bilyeu (born 1976) is an American entrepreneur best known as a co-founder of Quest Nutrition, the second-fastest-growing private company in North America on the Inc 5000 for 2014. He was born and raised in Tacoma, Washington.
Bilyeu co-founded Quest Nutrition in 2010 alongside Ron Penna and Mike Osborn. The company grew by 57,000% in its first 3 years, and was ranked #2 on the Inc 500 fastest-growing companies in the United States in 2014. By 2013 the company employed over 200 people and had revenue over $82 million. By the end of 2015, Quest was sold at over 40,000 points of distribution in over 70 countries. As of 2016, Quest Nutrition employed 1,300 full-time employees and over 1,000 part-time ambassadors.
In October 2016 Bilyeu and his wife, Lisa, started Impact Theory, a for-profit media company designed to "leverage the self-sustaining power of commerce to radically influence global culture." Impact Theory has a 3-stage business plan: Stage 1: Community Building. Stage 2: Incubation. Stage 3: Building and Selling. As of July 2018, Impact Theory is still in its first stage with over 1,500,000 followers on its social media platforms.
Impact Theory publishes a long-form interview talk show, hosted by Bilyeu, with guests like Peter Diamandis, Wyclef Jean, Jason Silva, Laila Ali, Terrell Owens, Dr. Drew, Michael Strahan, John Paul DeJoria, Gary Vaynerchuk, Mel Robbins and Tim Ferriss.
- "Profile: Quest Nutrition". Inc.
- Forbes, Miguel. "Quest Nutrition Co-Founder: We Grew By 57,000% In Our First 3 Years". Forbes.
- "The quest to healthier snacks". CNBC.
- "Inside Quest". Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Tom Bilyeu". XPRIZE. 2016-04-19. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Foster, Tom. "Building a Company the Hard Way". Inc.
- Yi, Jae. "5 Lessons on Chasing Your Dreams From Tom Bilyeu". Huffington Post.
- Lewis, Howes. "How to be a Jedi and Master The Mind with Tom Bilyeu of Quest Nutrition". Lewis Howes.
- Watrous, Monica. "How this protein bar brand grew 57,000% in three years". Food Business News.
- Bilyeu, Tom (2017-01-05). "Why We Founded Impact Theory". Tom Bilyeu. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Impact Theory Mission, Mindset, & Team | Impact Theory". impacttheory.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.